1. What year were you diagnosed with PCOS?1997
2. What was your reaction when you found out? A little shocked but relieved that there was a reason why
3. Since being diagnosed, what changes have you made? Medication, diet
4. What medications were you prescribed? Birth control, metformin, spirnolactone
5. Had you heard about PCOS before being diagnosed? No
6. Have you met any other people with PCOS? No
7. How did you educate yourself about PCOS? Google became a very good tool and friend
8. Is it difficult to talk about PCOS with family and friends? Do they show support? No I do not have this difficulty. It actually makes it easier to tell my story and relieved the pressure of conceiving
9. What were your symptoms before being diagnosed? Excessive hair growth on my body, an absence of periods for a whole year, acne, abdominal fat, precocious puberty, weight issues, very low energy, dark patches on my toes, lots of skin tags …..
how are your symptoms now? The main thing is my periods came back and have been normal ever since. I lost about 50 lbs and the hair growth subsided.
10. Do you see an Endocrinologist or OB/GYN? I have seen an ends twice. Once when diagnosed and again last year when my reg Dr said it was time to try and conceive cause my time was running out. Endo gave me green light. Since no luck for a year my next step is to see a fertility specialist
11. What are your interests/hobbies? Art, music, spirituality
12. What is one of your guilty pleasures?All natural gummy bears and wonder bars
13. Is there anything else that you’d like to see on this blog? New to this blog so I haven’t an opinion yet
14. What do you think of the new category for meeting other people with PCOS? Sounds great cause I’ve always felt so alone with this diagnosis.