After being in the FT fandom for more than 3 years and watching every FT episode/reading every FT manga chapter multiple times, I can say one thing for sure: Lucy has a crush on Natsu.Don’t even try to argue with me because it’s true and you know it.
Lucy likes Natsu but she herself isn’t sure about her feelings. But we all saw that coming. It’s natural for her to fall for him because he’s the one who saved her from Bora and invited her to Fairy Tail (making her dream come true). He is always there for her when she needs help/support. He has saved her life many times. Because of him she made many friends and went on many adventures. He’s the source of her happiness!
Lucy has never had a boyfriend (it was mentioned a few times in the manga and once in the light novel). She’s clueless when it comes to romance. Maybe that’s why she hasn’t realized her feelings yet.
Here’s some proof:
1. She thinks he’s cute and good.
2. She’s always worried about him.
3. She loves to hug him.
4. He makes her blush.
5. She believes in him.
6. She’s adorable around him.
7. She refuses to leave him even if her life is in danger.
8. She catches his scarf for him because she knows how important it is for him.
9. She always puts him before others.
10. She denied having feelings for him back there in chapter 71.5 but was disappointed when it turned out that he didn’t like her.
There are more hints/moments.
I don’t know if Natsu likes her or not but she definitely has a thing for him! ♥
(And I’m pretty sure that Mashima ships them. I bet he has a whole sketchbook, full of NaLu art.)