Note To Self: New Rules From Failed Relationships
1. Don’t get involved with people who can’t ethically be in a relationship with you. This is including but not limited to people above or below you in management rank or people already in relationships that are not consensualy non-monogamous relationships. And republicans/conservative Christians because ethically they’re opposed to your beliefs and rights. (Damn republicans.)
2. Never co-sign for shit, regardless of how long you’ve been together.
3. Have separate bedrooms always. Personal space is a must. Take it when you need it.
4. Never hire your significant others on at your job. (Especially when you hire both of them on at the same job.)
5. Never get married again. The symbolism is touching, but really it’s just a throw back to an archaic transfer of ownership under the guise of religious ceremony. You don’t need to blow several grand to celebrate loving people. (Plus you’re an atheist.)
7. When friends tell you they’re tired of watching you get treated poorly by significant others and this conversation happens repeatedly, take it as a wake up call to leave. No more fighting the good fight to salvage for salvaging’s sake.
8. Love freely. Don’t walk on eggshells for anyone. Be honest with your intentions and feelings. But never feel like you have to stifle them.