I finally got my compass tattoo today and it’s perfect! My other tattoo post still seems to be getting notes so thought I’d write about why I got this one…
1) I was gonna get something in Canada, but after all the negativity I felt whilst I was there I decided to wait until I got back. Quite honestly, I wasn’t myself at all the end of last year and this is a little reminder letting me know that it’s okay to get lost, it’s okay to take a wrong turn, you just need to figure out where it is you want to go and get yourself there. I can get through anything, I just need to point myself in the right direction. Above all, I need to remember that whatever situation I’m in, I can get myself out of it. If you’re in the wrong place, it’s okay to leave, but ultimately you’ll learn from it. 2) It doesn’t point north, I wanted it so it looked broken. Everyone that knows me knows about my awful sense of direction (actually horrific), but I know with patience you always end up where you need to be. 3) I always have a home. Even if that seems slightly broken too, I know my family will always be there in their own dysfunctional way. 4) It reminds me to focus on what I want. “Do what makes you happy”. Think of the thing I want the most in the world and lead myself to it. Be your own guide. 5) Jack Sparrow (this is actually somewhat unintentional but perfectly fine with me). In the movies, he has a compass that does exactly what I just described and he really has to focus on what that is. And he doesn’t give a shit, which is also a bonus. Also it’s Johnny Depp and pirates are fucking cool. 6) Keeping balanced. At one point I felt so overloaded it was unbearable, but a lot of the time you just have to breathe and move on. Go where you need to go and do what you need to do. 7) I’m young, I’m indecisive. I’ll figure things out, but at the end of the day it’s about the journey and the adventure. A little guidance isn’t a bad thing, but you need to be flexible. Enjoy the moments and if you’re not, then just take it as a sign to continue on to something else.
Go out and explore, get lost, cry, laugh and make memories. And don’t give a fuck what anyone else says about you behind your back because of it. For me they’ll be too busy looking at my awesome tattoo anyway.
It does get better. Believe it or not it will eventually get better. Sometimes you have to go through the storm to get to the rainbow.
Even though I don’t know you personally, I would miss you.
You have so much to live for that you haven’t yet experienced.
Your friends and family would be devastated whether you believe it or not.
A time will come, once you’ve battled the toughest times of your life and are in ease once again, where you will be so glad that you decided to keep on living. You will emerge stronger from this all, and won’t regret your choice to carry on with life. Because things always get better.
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
You won’t be able to drink hot coffee/tea and curl up to read a good book.
Late night calls.
Watching sappy movies while eating ice cream.
Watching the sunset.
Traveling the world.
Blaring music at all hours of the night.
Meeting new people that could forever change your life.
Going on wild adventures at 3 in the morning.
Telling your kids someday about your wild adventures.
No one will ever be as amazing as you are, so you need to share that with others.
ALL THE FOOD YOU’LL BE MISSING OUT ON.
Whether you know it or not, you’ve changed someone’s life for the better and they’d miss you.
Hot coco on a winter night.
Laughing till you pee yourself.
You were put on this earth for a reason, don’t give up.
Heroes are ordinary people who make themselves extraordinary. Be your own hero.
Five awesome things about being an exchange student!
1. You get to know a different country with a different culture! How awesome is that? Also, you will find out how high school works someplace else.
2. You will find friends all over the world! Most likely, there will be exchange students from other countries on your new school. You’ll not only experience your host countries life, but also the traditions from other countries,too. Meeting other exchange students is always super exciting!
3. When you come back, you will speak a second language fluently .. definitely usefull and good-looking on your resume!
4. You become independent! Living far away from your family will make you a stronger person. You have to take care of yourself, handle difficult situation - your personality will grow with you.
5. Become an american, brazilian, french, spanish, japanese, etc. ! While living in your hostcountry, you will find yourself starting doing common things, like playing in the baseball team, eating sushi, having a thanksgiving, supporting your high school. You will experience all those awesome things!
Those are only a few things that came to my mind as I think about being an exchange student. When you come back to your homecountry, you will be a different person that has not only a big knowledge about a different country, but also about yourself. You will learn so much about yourself and you will begin to think deeper about, well, everything. At least, thats what I experienced and I feel like I learned in this time here more than I did ever in my life. - Not trying to be cheesy or anything.
I’m so damn tired of seeing posts by fans of the Tauriel character holding up the mighty shield of ADDING A STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER MADE IT A BETTER MOVIE AND IF YOU DISAGREE YOU ARE A POOPYHEAD CIS OPRESSOR!!!!!
Tolkein has a lot of strong powerful women in his work. Don’t want to believe me? READ THE FUCKING BOOKS. Or are you going to calmly ignore Eowyn, Galadriel, and Luthien to name a few. THE HOBBIT did not contain a strong female lead type character– sorry, but it didn’t. But hey, neither was there a strong person of color (or really any ethnicity), strong person of alternate sexuality, or strong handicapped person.
In my opinion, and yeah, it is all mine, and while you might feel it is wrong, don’t you fucking DARE tell me I am wrong to feel this way or that I am a lesser person than those wildly waving the Tauriel banners out there. IF YOU CHOOSE TO FUCKING FILM A BOOK FOLLOW THE FUCKING PLOT.
If you want to write an amazing story about elves and dwarves going off on a quest and want to add in alternative characters AS MAIN CHARACTERS then WRITE THE DAMN STORY YOURSELF and stop trying to get in those people who know the story you are pretending to be filming.
No I don’t like her. I don’t give two craps how cool she is, who she wants to suck face with or marry or date or kill. SHE NEVER EXISTED IN THE DAMN HOBBIT. You know the source work for this damn set of movies that was purportedly so wonderful and important that it has remained a classic for years, and the story that NEEDED to be made into a movie. If I go to see THE HOBBIT, I want to see THE HOBBIT, not “KINDA THE HOBBIT– WE IMPROVED IT”
::shrug:: Sorry, for some things I am a purist. If they ever make a movie about the original trillogy of the Dragonriders of Pern and have Brekke’s Dragon live I’ll refuse to see THAT movie… if Lessa ends up being a warrior queen who leads the weyr to fight thread, I’ll refuse to see THAT movie…
You want to use a well loved source material, you USE IT, not ‘Improve it.“