OPM Dub: Episode 2!
First of all, if you need it, you can watch the episode here:
Now! On to some of my “live” reactions (I took notes as I was watching it).
- Zach Aguilar is a great Genos. I am very interested to see how he sounds as he mellows out over the course of the season, since right now I am definitely digging the ‘I take things way too seriously’ vibe. Okay, serious comment made, on to the garbage…
- “Acquiring target.” - YEAH, YOU ARE, BOO. GET READY.
- I really enjoyed the voice acting for Mosquito Girl. Really great range there. Turns out it is Cristina Valenzuela, who was Rei in Sailor Moon! Nice!
- “Incinerate.” - Yeah, if you could just say that a few more times, that would be grrrrreeeeaaaaat. I’m just going to sit here and enjoy it.
- “Who is this idiot?” - He said, to his future husband.
- Oh man, the delivery of Genos’s long-ass monologue was awesome. At first I was like, “Is it just me or is he talking really slowly? Wait. Oh, yeah, there it goes. LOL.”
- Let’s just take a moment to love all of Max Mittelman’s deliveries of Saitama’s lines. Favorites include:
- “Man, you saved me, you’re pretty amazing, aren’t you?“ (just get ready, okay. Get ready, Saitama.)
- “Bugs. They suck.”
- “Badump pssh.” (Thank you)
- “Fooooound you!” (I will admit, I was nervous about seeing some of the sillier scenes in the dub, but I am not disappointed at all!)
- “Sensei sir!” - Oh geez. Oh geez, Genos. This fanfiction basically writes itself, I’m tellin’ ya.
- -Pets the mini screen with Metal Bat on it- I’M JUST ALWAYS HAPPY TO SEE HIM, OKAY. LET ME HAVE THIS.