Digimon OTP Week: day 3 - fantasy au
dragonhuman!taichi magicalgirl!sora werewolf!yamato and succubus!mimi
plot: Sora and Taichi are agents of the association of licensed magical users in this universe, their main task is to investigate cases and arrest wayward/out of control magic users/magic creatures in different dimensions. Sora was a student from a magical girl academy affiliated with the association while Taichi and his little sister were taken in as children because they were accused of being “cursed” by their human community. Sora and Taichi met when they were 8, have been best friends since then and became official partners on the job when they were 17.
Yamato is one of the many werewolf children born into their respective wolfpack, his father being the leader/alphawolf. as a child, he was considered not one of the strongest, but also not one of the weakest. his many brothers frequently overshadows his presence in the family. this changes when he wanders in a random forest and gets into a fight with a girl over a grapefruit, they eventually become friends and spend the season together. he finds out that Mimi may be the last surviving succubus. however, the wolf pack needs to migrate and Mimi and yamato ultimately separate. they reunite again after several years, Yamato being the one chosen by his then dead father to inherit the status of alpha wolf. he asks her to be his fiancée, urging her to abandon her lonesome lifestyle.
Yamato reveals to Mimi that he wants to know who murdered his parents and why his little brother closest to him is missing (he couldn’t care less for his other siblings though). Their current lead are the vampires, though not much are known about them because they haven’t been active in roughly a decade, their investigation coincides with one of Taichi and Sora’s missions, that’s how they meet the first time.
- Taichi and Yamato both have full beast versions, aka a full dragon and a full wolf mode.
- Mimi also has a human mode, when her ears would change and her wings and horns would disappear, but she prefers not to do it.
- Koushiro is a pixie who works in the research department.
- Taichi’s seals (silver bands on his neck and wrists) prevent him from going haywire. red eyes indicate bloodlust and little willpower, however blood-related, Hikari doesn’t need seals.
- Sora considers Yamato to be one of the few people Who are eye-to-eye with Taichi in terms of strength. this is based on a brawl they once had when Taichi’s seals accidentally cracked. Yamato barely kept up though.
- Sora made Taichi’s red scarf as a commemoratory present for being appointed together as a unit/team. she said dull colors didn’t fit him, and even if Taichi never gets cold, he always wants to wear it
- while Taichi is a fire elemental dragonhuman, Hikari is one who can heal and restore energy, at the early chapters of the story, she only works indoors of the association.
- In the early chapters, Sora has a crush on Jyou, a merman who works in the health department. their families also know each other.
- Sora’s magical girl outfit and wand change depending on how much strength she applies in battle.
- Mimi’s outfit changed once she became Yamato’s fiancée.
- there are rumors about the werewolves being a critical aspect of how the succubi were wiped out.
- since succubi are born through a seed planted in soil, Mimi has the ability to manipulate soil and plants.
- no one currently knows the full extent of Mimi’s strength, though it’s known that when her hair turns pink, it indicates that she’s really really mad
- a succubus falling in love with any creature will increase the latter’s physical capabilities, whilst returning the feelings will also increase the former’s
- Ken is a mysterious vampire who applied for a job in the association. He and Hikari often spend time together in the libraries, though not knowing much about each other