It was a year ago today that I got told I had a brain tumour, two and a half weeks before my wedding. The remainder of that tumour is going to be irradiated from my head in less than a month. What a WILD RIDE.
For people who also have acoustic schwannomas/neuromas:
- The surgery ain’t that bad
- Losing your hearing is pretty traumatic though, and I’m still not over it
- My balance is nearly normal
- The permanent dizziness never goes away, unfortunately
- U R A BADASS WHO CAN SURVIVE A TUMOUR
I reread Anne of Green Gables when I was going through it all and that book helped me immensely, so here’s a cute Anne quote in celebration of living through one hell of a year.