SOoooooo!! Fun! I was tagged by the lovely @bixgirl1 (I highly recommend the technique of sliding into someone’s DMs and screaming at them how much you love their work as a way to make friends).
Rules: List the first lines of your last 20 stories. See if there are any patterns. Then tag 10 of your favourite authors!
(Insert) Bossy instructions. I will do what I want. *glares* (…I may be too bored right now.)
Okay, crazy that I actually HAVE 20 first lines!! So in reverse posting order, here goes.
20. From Puppy Love: Eyes closed, Niall leans against Liam in the car as they head to…“Where are we going again?”
19. From Just Give Me One Thing (That I Can Hold On To): Louis stared at the flight information board first in confusion, and then in mounting rage. Cancelled. Cancelled. Cancelled. What the fuck?
18. From What’s Another Word For…: Louis kicked off his shoes by the front door of their Queens apartment and tossed his coat over the newel of the bannister.
17. From Accidental Buttplugs: “And so,” Harry concludes, “We can see from these end-of-year-sales projections…” His voice trails off as a text flashes up onto the screen the screen of his iPad, and, is, of course, projected onto the screen on the wall, because for once, the integration is seamless. Louis: So I accidentally bought butt plugs!
16. From The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing but the Truth: Louis shifts on the sofa, and hopes he doesn’t look as awkward as he feels. He hasn’t been allowed to be alone in an interview with Harry since France in 2012, and they all know how that turned out.
15. From There’s No Wrong Way to Tumble: L: HARRY. H: Yeah babe? Everything okay? L: NICK GOT THE ACCOUNT
13. From Open the Closet Door: Louis leans into the mirror, concentrating as he carefully applies first the one set of false eyelashes, and then the other. The bustle in the dressing room fades to background noise as he blinks a few times to make sure they are on securely, and then grabs his eyeliner.
12. From Just the Two of Us: “Cut.” Louis could hear the frustration in Harry’s voice, and honestly, couldn’t blame him in the slightest.
11. From Dance Me (to the End of Love): “Marry me.” The words fly off of Harry’s tongue before he even realizes that he is speaking.
10. From Sometimes Goodbye is a Second Chance: “Mrrrow?” Louis is juggling an armload of groceries and books while simultaneously burrowing in his backpack for his keys, so he really can’t be blamed for the fact that it takes a few seconds for the quizzical sound to travel from his ears to his brain.
9. From Twist of Fate: Louis yawns and stretches as he steps out into the sultry heat of the late afternoon, eager to get home, get out of his suit, sit on the back deck and drink a beer before he heads over to Liam’s weekly Friday night cookout.
8. From Love Amongst the Bubbles: Standing on the Charles Street station platform, Louis groans and leans back, trying to ease the ache in his back.
7. From Feels Like Coming Home: Harry steps out onto the tarmac at Logan, the humidity of the late August afternoon immediately wilting his curls and drawing the sweat from his skin after the cool of the airplane.
6. From Wherever I Go (You Go With Me): Harry turns into the driveway and parks his car down in the turnaround spot where he always leaves it, making sure there’s enough room for Louis to get the minivan in next to it.
5. From I Always Get Lucky With You: Louis groans as he begins to wake, swimming towards consciousness like a diver rising from the seabed.
4. From This Magic Moment: Harry hangs up the phone in a daze, and flops down onto the couch.
3. From Some Nights: Louis rolls over slowly, the pounding in his head letting him know that opening his eyes at this time would be a mistake.
2. From If I Had Three Wishes (They’d All Be For You): Harry puts the last of the things he thinks he might need for the drive on the passenger’s seat of the car, and slams the door. The car is full, and he hopes he has everything, because if he doesn’t, it’s gone
1. From Now That I Found You: Louis sighs, turns off the tv and drops the remote onto the couch next to him. Having a birthday on Christmas Eve sucks.
Okay, this was fun, revisiting things from the past 8 months or so!!
Now, if you’re reading this and want to do it, CONSIDER YOURSELF TAGGED but I’m gonna call out: @waytoomanypeopleintheaddisonlee @domestic-harry @lululawrence @a-writerwrites @becomeawendybird @afirethatcannotdie @icanhazzalou @allwaswell16