he doesn’t fit the traditional bill of a star wars hero. but he starts the action by doing one of the most heroic things possible, which is making the hard choice. and i think that makes bodhi really charming and really admirable. —pablo hidalgo
A spell I wrote inspired from the film Practical Magic
This is a fire free spell used to draw in your ideal lover.
This is NOT a spell to make a specific individual fall in love with you.
This spell can also be altered to search for the ideal platonic partner. See the notes section at the end of this post!
- Pick any of the following flower petals and dry them*
if you have the time. But fresh petals are also okay. (you don’t need the whole flower just a a couple of petals) You don’t
need all of them, I’m just providing as many options as possible: White
Carnation (pure love), Dark Red Carnation (Deep Love), white
Chrysanthemum (truth and loyal love), Red Chrysanthemum (love), Red Rose
(deep love), Yellow rose (friendship/ caring), Orange/Coral rose
(passion/energy/desire), Lavender Rose (love at first sight), Tulip
(declaration of love/ perfect love) - Any other flower you can think of
that symbolizes love + companionship. You don’t need a lot. Maximum 2
petals for each flower of your choosing.
- Hot water (like just barely hot enough for tea. As long as there’s steam, you’re golden)
- water soluble paper (get rice/wafer paper OR look for the brand print-stitch-dissolve in a local craft store. I’ve found it in Michael’s and staples for around $10) IF you can’t fine the paper, just write on your flower petals, provided they are large enough.
- pen(s)/ pencil(s) in any color(s) of your choosing
- mug or bowl
- an open window/ outdoor space
What to do:
- Start boiling your water. Feel free to put it on low heat, this may take some time.
Take your pen and paper, list the qualities you seek in a love (be they
physical or personality related). If you do wish to use a visual
element you can print out images/ draw the qualities you seek. There is no need whatsoever to glue items together
- As you write each quality, rip it up from the page so it’s on it’s own strip, place it in your mug/bowl
- when you are finished writing, take your dried petals and crumble them/ tear them up, toss them into the mug/bowl as well
the mug/bowl into your hands and speak/whisper this chant
“Lover hear me. Lover know my name. Lover come find me. Lover follow my heart’s flame.“
put the bowl down, by now your water should be hot. Slowly pour in the hot water, repeating the chant if you wish. Let the steam send your wishes out into the world. Feel free to chant until you no longer see steam/ until the water cools.
- When the bowl/contents have cooled, pour out the mug/bowl. Be sure to wash it when you are done if it’s one you consume from.
Additional Notes: If you’d like, keep a copy of your list should you choose to keep an eye out for your person. Or if you’d like to perform the spell again. Feel free to copy any imagery as well and hold onto it if you wish.
To press + dry flowers you can either iron the flowers between sheets
of parchment paper OR press them under some heavy books (this can take
several days. But since it’s petals you’ll probably need a week max.).
If you use the iron method, make sure the iron is on the lowest possible
setting and there is no water in it. Don’t iron across the paper like
you would clothes, just dab for 10-15 seconds in each spot. Let it cool .
Maybe go over with the iron 1 more time, you don’t want to scorch/ burn
PLATONIC PARTNER ALTERATIONS: change the the word “lover“ to “partner“ in the chant. Look for flowers that have friendship/ familial/ unconditional love related meanings such as yellow rose, Jasmine, pear blossom, primrose, yellow chrysanthemum, forget-me-not, blue violets, ect. Obviously make more changes as you see fit <3
Jyn and Cassian climbing atop the Massassi temples on Yavin IV is one of my favorite things to read fanfics about, so this one is a thank you for all the RebelCaptain fanfic writiers out there. You guys are what keep us all going!