I’ve been exploring Junkertown and taking tons of screenshots, and here are some thoughts. I am so sorry for the massiveness of this post omg, please feel free to blacklist #long post if you need to!
- The Queen of Junkertown is a BABE and I’m in love with her and also very gay. Also the flag of Junkertown is bomb, and I adore looking at all the various signage, it adds so much flavor to the map
- Even a lawless society has to have a few rules, and those rules basically amount to: start shit, get hit
- Junkrat and Roadhog really are hated by everyone, oh my god. Shoot them on sight. I love it.
- “Watch your step!” Perhaps where Junkrat got his singsong line every time he lays a trap that someone triggers?
- Base notes:
- It looks like they’ve got a hatch in the floor there. (Edit: It’s been confirmed that it’s a pressure plate!! There’s two of them, if two people stand on them, it opens up a hidden treasure room!)
- They have an entire fucking vending machine of pachimari, this is the most extra thing I’ve ever seen, I’m crying
- Roadhog makes his own hogdrogen, and it looks like it starts out as a yellow sloshy liquid.
- There’s a fish head in their kitchen area – I’ve always believed that Roadhog’s a vegetarian because of his anti-meat patches. Maybe he’s a
pescatarian? Or maybe it’s just Junkrat who’s eating the fish?
- Lots of chains hanging from the ceiling, probably to refill Roadhog’s chain hook
- Everyone’s already pointed out that there’s only one bed in Junkrat and Roadhog’s base. Things Roadhog needs to sleep: an oxygen tank, a fan, and food. Look at all those dirty dishes. Someone pointed out that Junkrat has his own place to sleep and argued that this proves the base is only Roadhog’s house and thus they’re not sleeping together. Which is. Such a reach, why are you so vehemently against the implications that these two are together. Anyways, Junkrat does have a couch set up in his workshop with a blanket and a pillow and a fridge and a sink, but I don’t buy for a second that he actually lives there full time. He has too much of an established presence in the base for it to be just Roadhog’s house – he’s got those grenades and spray cans everywhere, and I’m pretty sure he’s the one chugging those soft drinks by the cooler.
And these assholes eat their meals together like a married couple. Junkrat’s got the tiny bowl and the normal-ish chair and the entire pot of coffee, Roadhog’s got the big bowl and the tire-seat chair and the sensible single cup of coffee (Edit: I can’t believe I didn’t notice this until someone pointed it out – they stole Roadhog’s chair from the takeaway, look!). What domestic little shits. No, Junkrat’s workshop is just a workshop with some amenities, bc the man
absolutely loses track of time when he’s tinkering and it’s easier to
crash in his mad lab than go back to sleep with Roadhog, imo.
- THE PLAN: Junkrat’s boundless enthusiasm makes me smile.
- They have two chairs on their front porch with a cooler and some drinks in between them. Imagine these two just. Sitting on the porch together and sharing a drink. They’re so married, I’m l i v i n g for this domestic shit.
- On the subject of Junkrat’s workshop: he actually does play cricket! Or he at least owns a cricket paddle (okay, cricket BAT, you fucking animals, i know shit about sports, just humor me w my lack of sports knowledge here)
- Junkrat has a safe that’s covered in DANGER, NO ENTRY, GO BACK signs and that’s hilarious to me. Also hilarious: his “NO TRESPASSING“ sign over a door that’s boarded up from the inside.
- It looks like both Junkrat and Roadhog got their tattoos at Swagman’s Needlepoint! Roadhog’s Wild Hog Power design is marked as sold. Junkrat’s bicep tattoo is also up on the wall!
- I guess there’s?? A thriving music scene in Junkertown?? Where is the Mad Max flamethrower guitarist