i commissioned this piece from the kind and talented @mesknoxx as a companion to chapter four of my fluffy season three fix it fic – we don’t talk very much (we just fake being nice) – in which clarke and lexa attend an azgeda coronation ball. this is the artist’s rendering of the dresses they wore.
can you imagine. Library au
Keith and hunk work in receiving, processing new shipments/donations and putting books back from the dropoff chute. Pidge is IT support for the library and keeps the servers secure and lightning fast and definitely doesn’t spy on people with her network. Shiro and lance are the receptionists bc Lance thought it would be a good way to meet some smokin bodies and shiro just really loves books okay. Coran owns the building and Allura manages it and takes down all the mouse traps Coran puts up because “they’ve never chewed anything or pooped on the books, Coran!"
And there are the usual library shenanigans including but not limited to
- a closet full of books. no context it’s just there and Coran wants it to stay.
- squirrels sneaking in through the dropoff chute when the weather gets colder
- hunk and keith hunting the squirrels bc they’re not always busy
- hunk wanting to be humane only and Keith slowly putting his knife away
- Keith this is a library why do you have a knife
- *squints into the horizon like a war veteran* squirrels
- pidge suggesting that the mice are helping the squirrels
- keith’s war against rodents begins and Allura scrambles to set up cozy hiding spots for them all just out of Keith’s reach
- and then he finds his pistachios MISSING and his pear has been nibbled upon and he mc freaking loses it
- shiro puts this sign up on the dropoff chute very quietly and kindly and he just kind of puffs up knowing that he’s done a Good Deed
- people start obeying the sign and Lance leaves the front doors open so he can hear it every single time it happens. He has a tally chart.
- the chute opens one day without anyone shouting down it and Keith runs upstairs and looks around "did you see any squirrels ma'am"
- Lance is dying bc it was him.
- klance makeouts between the bookshelves
- the dudes from the computer repair shop next door coming in and asking if any of the webcams in the library had mysteriously turned on too
- pidge is a good liar bc obviously she was behind it.
- hunk and allura putting food for the squirrels on the roof in an attempt to keep them safe from Keith
- hunk and allura realizing that the squirrels are determined, suicidal little shits and so they just put food in the corner of the library or up on the highest bookshelves and hope that their tails will do the dusting for them
- shiro sighing at literally everything as he hand feeds the squirrels
- is he Snow White like how does he do that
- Keith’s Betrayed Face when he sees shiro schmoozing the squirrels
- *whispers* I thought you loved me
- shiro rolling his eyes so hard he goes and joins a bowling league
- the dudes from the computer repair shop coming back AGAIN and asking if show tunes had started playing in the library
- pidge must physically remove herself from their presence bc she’s trying very hard not to cackle like an overlord
- Keith brings in a CAT
- allura is horrified and literally clutches her chest
- Lance falls in love with the cat, feeds it treats and snacks and gives it lazy toys until it gets ULTRA FAT
- Keith comes to the conclusion that his bf sabotaged his cat plan on purpose and cuts off the nookie supply for a month
- worst month of everyone’s lives tbh
- hunk begs Keith to please just fuck Lance again
- a hanjo in the Scientology section at the very least please please please
- pidge and shiro end up stuck in the weird book closet somehow
- shiro COULD break down the door but that’s just a lot of work
- why break things when you could have a book fight
- they throw a couple hundred paperbacks at each other for 20 minutes
- pidge builds a throne of books and rules her domicile (400 books and shiro) with cunning and dignity
- until shiro slaps her in the face with a copy of pride and prejudice and the war begins anew
- the library has like three floors and everyone knows to stay out of the left wing of the third floor during lunch breaks bc Lance and Keith honestly don’t care if u see their butts they will not stop
- shiro or hunk lifting pidge onto their shoulders to put more food on the shelves for the squirrels
- the general populace of the town not being weirded out by any of the shenanigans in the library
- it’s just another beautiful day in mr Roger’s neighbourhood for them
- Keith runs by them with a knife in his teeth and a net in his hands? Totally normal
I just got my hair cut and I’m feeling overly emotional, and
I don’t know how these two things relate, but here have some sterek.
They have been together for a while now. They just got their
first apartment together, and saying that both of them were high on love (for
each other) and hope (for a new happy life) would be quite the understatement.
There had been a time when either of them had thought that
they could never have the other, that after Derek left they would never find
each other again, and they had never even thought possible that one day they
could have a place, a home together.
And yet, here they were.
They just finished mounting their new bed, and Stiles falls
on the bare mattress with a satisfied “oof” Derek following shortly after him.
And it’s then that somehow it hits Stiles. It hits him so
hard and so suddenly that he’s so overwhelmed with it that his eyes burn and he
wants to yell it at the top of his lungs, but at the same time the emotion is
so strong that clogs up his throat, and he can barely manage to speak.
So, he just makes a small noise (all he can muster right
now) and rolls over to Derek’s side, throwing one arm over Derek’s body and
burying his face into Derek’s neck.
Derek huffs out a surprised laugh, but promptly starts rubbing
his back soothingly.
“Derek,” Stiles mumbles, when he finds his voice again.
Derek hums questioningly and Stiles hugs him close, a little
bit tighter, before he gets out of his hiding spot and looks up at his
“You’re my best friend.” He says, all intense, earnest and
Because it’s true. Yes, Scott is the friend he knew longer,
they had their high and lows and highs again, and he’s like a brother, but
that’s just it, Scott is his brother.
Derek is his best friend.
Derek is the person that he thinks about first when he’s
thought of a stupid joke and wants to share it with someone. Derek is the one he
looks for when he wants to tell someone about what his favourite character is
going through, even if it’s a show or a book that Derek hasn’t watched yet. Derek
is the name on his lips when he wants to tell or show someone how he managed to
do something, even if it’s just as ordinary and banal as Stiles managing to
doodle a real-looking wolf shadow, he knows that even if his first reaction
would be to roll his eyes, he’d do so smiling in that warm way that always tell
Stiles so many things. Like how loved he is, and how Derek is proud of him, even
for the little things. And Derek is the one that he glances up to look at before
he even knows why.
And that’s why he hates fighting with him so much, because
he’s fighting with his boyfriend and
best friend. And really, there’s no one in his life that can match with everything
that Derek means to him. Derek is his special person, everyone has their
special person, don’t they?
And Derek is Stiles’ person.
And yes, Derek is
his boyfriend, and they had already said their ‘I love you’s to each other a
long time ago, but Derek is also, and maybe most importantly, Stiles’ best
friend too, and Stiles really needs him to know that.
“You’re my best friend,” he repeats, because he needs him to
And of course, because Derek is his everything plus his best
friend, smiles small and understanding, before he leans down to kiss him on the
corner of his mouth, feather-light and all softness, and whispers “you’re my
best friend, too.”
And Stiles knows that Derek understands, because he can see
in his eyes that Stiles is his person too.