i lowkey regret deleting my iconic mandala effect thread on twitter (@imnotaiexia) and some of you are requesting me to post it again! so here it is: i’m a hoe for conspiracy theories! but this one specifically got me fucked up and i firmly believe in it!
the mandela effect is basically when you/a group of people remember something, that no one else remembers OR in different ways that others, this is because parallel universes merged making certain details from our universe change, there are many theories but ill get to that at the end.
it’s named after the fact that a lot of people could’ve sworn remembering that nelson mandela died in the 80s, and here are more examples:
- the iconic debate between the berenstAin/berenstEin bears: some people grew up watching the show, reading the books for literally decades and most of these people remember it as berenstEin, even though some people swear it’s always been berenstAin (i honestly don’t trust anyone who says it’s always been berenstAin bc they’re lying)
- sex IN the city/sex AND the city: i vividly remember watching the show and the movies, for me it was sex IN the city i swear to God.
- the iconic phrase “MIRROR mirror on the wall” has always been “MAGIC mirror on the wall” like what??.. the same thing with “luke, i’m your father”… it’s always been “NO, i’m your father” look it up!
- skechers/skeTchers: skechers had a fucking T!!!! all my way through elementary school and even middle school! my mom would buy me this brand of shoes, i can vividly remember the twinkle toes edition because i owned many pair of those and i can swear it was skeTchers, this one got me tripping and losing it! skechers doesn’t even feel right.
- curious george had a tail ?? i swear i can remember watching the show, the movies, the books, even the merchandise at toys stores! those little plush toys and it had a tail. i know some people say “it doesn’t have one bc it’s a chimp” but i remember it hanging from trees with its tail, throwing a ball and even hugging the guy in yellow with it!! and now it’s gone, seeing curious george without a tail doesn’t even feel right is2g.
- is it just me or does anyone else remember thanksgiving being on the THIRD thursday of november???? …it’s been always the fourth since the times on lincoln and this one is also driving me crazy.
- looney TOONS/looney TUNES: according to wikipedia it’s always been looney TUNES since 1930 but i can totally remember it as TOONS.
- this ones from the bible “the lion shall lay down with the lamb” is “the wolf will live with the lamb” how? i have no idea. it even was on twilight
- my mom and a lot of people could’ve sworn that fidel castro died, some people even remember seeing it on the news and learning about it on history books! also, some people remember betty white dying. they’re both alive to this day.
- the kellog’s logo doesn’t have a rooster head but me and some other people kinda remember it having one??
ok now HOW CAN WE EXPLAIN THIS???? here are some theories i investigated so please bear with me:
- THEORY #1 the scientific explanation: we all just collectively misremember little things, kinda like glitches in the human mind
- THEORY #2 someone is testing the butterfly effect: the butterfly effect is the concept that small causes can have large effects. this would explain how it started changing small things like the bears and small details to larger things like movies, logos, dates and even the bible. it’s like saying ‘let’s go back and change this one thing and see how it effects on the current timeline’ butterfly effect boom
- THEORY #3 aliens have used advanced technology to change the world line to another one similar to the original but with minor differences
- THEORY #4 all the people who had a nearly death experience or almost died have been transferred into a parallel universe, before the experience we were in a berenstEin universe and after the experience we jumped into a berenstAin unicerse but all those who remember it as stAin have always been in this universe and if they’re close to dying they could jump back to universe E
(disclaimer: they’re called theories for a reason. i never said that any of this was true, i just really enjoy talking about this and this is for fun and curiosity. credits to reddit for the info i investigated) ✨ twitter.com/imnotaIexia