“I always wanted to think that I was an alien. I used to think when I was young that I was adopted by my mother, because they found me in a spaceship… And every night I used to talk to my real parents or my real family in the skies. I knew that there were thousands of other alien babies dropped off and they’re all over the place, and I’ve met quite a few of them. It’s just something that I’ve always liked to toy with in my mind, it was really fun to pretend that, you know, there was some special reason for me to be here, and I feel really homesick all the time… And so do the other aliens, and I only have the chance to come across, like, a handful of other aliens throughout the rest of my life.”
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy sentence starters
1. "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
2. "This must be a Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays."
3. "Don't panic."
4. "Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?"
5. "If there's anything more important than my ego around here, I want it caught and shot now."
6. "We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
7. "The answer to the Great Question... of life, the universe and everything... is... is... 42."
8. "So long, and thanks for all the fish."
9. "Did I do anything wrong today, or has the world always been like this and I've been too wrapped up in myself to notice?"
10. "____! There's an infinite number of monkeys outside that want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out."
11. "If I asked you where the hell we were, would I regret it?"
12. "Ah. This is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of."
13. "Life. Loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."
14. "Is there any tea on this spaceship?"
15. "I don't want to die now! I've still got a headache! I don't want to go to heaven with a headache, I'll be all cross and I won't enjoy it!"
16. "It's part of the shape of the universe. All I have to do is talk to someone and they begin to hate me."
17. “Very deep. You should send that in to the Reader's Digest. They've got a page for people like you.”
18. "I know as much about myself as my mind can work out under its current conditions. And its current conditions are not good.”
19. "You watch this door. It's about to open again. I can tell by the intolerable air of smugness it suddenly generates."
20. “Do you find coming to terms with the mindless tedium of it all presents an interesting challenge?”
21. "I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle."
22. "Hey, this is terrific! Someone down there is trying to kill us!"
23. “The mere thought hadn't even begun to speculate about the merest possibility of crossing my mind.”
24. "It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level."
25. "I could have more fun in cat litter."
26. “If you ever find you need help again, you know, if you are in trouble, need a hand out of a tight corner, please, don't hesitate to get lost.”
27. "I was created to fulfill a function and I failed in it. I negated my own existence."
28. "You'll need to have this fish in your ear."
29. "They've got about as much sex appeal as a road accident."
30. "You're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
31. “Perhaps I'm old and tired, but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied.”
32. "Ow! My brains!"
33. "If you just ignore me, I expect I shall probably go away."
34. "It's partly the curiosity, partly a sense of adventure, but mostly I think it's the fame and the money....”
35. "The old me knew. The old me cared. Fine, so far so good. Except that the old me cared so much that he actually got inside his own brain--my own brain--and locked off the bits that knew and cared, because if I knew and cared I wouldn't be able to do it."
36. "If you’ve never been through a matter transference beam before you’ve probably lost some salt and protein."
37. "Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."
That’s it I’m sending Juliet to live in a bomb shelter BECAUSE IF SHE STAYs UNDER THE FOWL ROOF FOR ONE MORE SECOND SHE WILL LOSE A LIMB OF SOME SORT.
So, Artemis, my genius billionaire teenage son - I mean principal - is traveling back in time with a fairy to rescue a lemur from himself. I quit. I’m done. I’m buying a condo in Hawaii.
Holly is literally 3 feet tall, a different species, and is in her mid eighties, she does not need to be looking at a 15-year-old boy like that.
*in Mexico, getting attacked by a demented wrestling audience* Only God can save that boy now.
As I look out over the sunset, I recall that Artemis has most likely made out with an 86-year-old woman. I take an aspirin and decide that I deserve a nap. And maybe a vacation forever.
Artemis failed. It was hilarious.
Today I called Artemis “Beautiful Cinnamon Bun” and he pelted a hardcover copy of Shakespeare’s “Hamlet” at my face.
Artemis doesn’t know, but I stuck a paper reading “Old Lady Lover” on his back this morning and he still hasn’t noticed. It’s midnight.
I am in a spaceship, in the middle of the ocean, heading toward Atlantis with a fairy and a centaur, currently watching as Artemis is attacked by a giant squid. I was not trained for a situation like this.
So the end of the world happened in a blur. I remember demon crickets, babies with machine guns, and my son - I mean - oh never mind, turning into a depressing bush. I have decided to retire.
This feels like something I should foist upon the reigning historical master, the lovely @gefionne, mostly because I know I could never quite do it the same justice. But it could also work in a canon setting with a spaceship–although imagine the work involved with tearing off all the gazillion layers either of those boys have on! Still, it would be worth it. For the booty, the whole booty, and nothing but the booty.
Bless you for thinking of me, lil pumpkin pie. I’ll keep this idea in the back of my mind.
I’m starting to create a language for you. a mythical terminology in order to explore how you are supposed to fit into my world. A spinning chair, and a dome with a million switches. A spaceship, a spinning chair, and a charcoal stare. A hand adorned in a fashion, I do not understand. I’m beginning to see you turning on the lights for me, and off for me. I see the invisible lines your mind ignores in order to get to mine, sometimes. In an instant, I can be nothing. Or I can be everything, all encompassing. And I like that you choose, and yet I hate that you do. I speak, and I cannot see where it lands. It is in the reactions delay, that keeps me prodding you awake and away with me. I already make you mad, and I like it too much. I see your hands around my cheeks pursing my lips into a fish. I laugh, and it is the reach I’ve needed. The smile in your eye in the morning as I creep from the kitchen and spin around in your desk chair for awhile. All I had to be was there, and that was enough. You looked, but never touched. I already make you mad, and I like that too much.
I was woefully unprepared for this episode.
There’s space school, the twins grew up in space?! It all makes sense now but
somewhere along the line I blacked out for a moment and missed the part where
we took a left turn into creepyvill. It’s like waking up to smell the flowers,
no matter how you look at it the twins hugging the glass coffin with my man
Goura inside is creepy. En said it perfectly, “Ew”, which can also be said about
the mansion spaceship. I can say I have never been so happy to see Kinshirou
and Atsushi in the same room again, oh how I have missed the student council.
This show is not the same without them.
Side note: WTF is happening in this screenshot?
Can someone explain to me why this entire episode En and Atsushi’s faces were
touching? Like I don’t mind it just came out of no where.
Double side note: Zundar, no one cares about your
family issues, though I do feel sorry for whichever writer did that self insert.
Triple side note: 8 against 2 is unfair, even if the twins are creeping me out.
Cyborgs and Spaceships and Science- Oh my! Here is a small collection of female lead stories all written by incredible female authors. Get ready to explore space, the future or a world very similar to our own!
warnings: none unless space talk makes you feel existential like me oops
a/n: this is a songfic inspired by the wonderful @doddleoddle‘s freckles and constellations, which is something i’ve been wanting to write a story for even while watching her write the song. it’s so lovely and ten outta ten recommend listening to it.
also i wrote this in the thirty minutes i had before i had to leave for rehearsal.
please note: i did write this story with phan in mind, but it can be read as just a story based on the song.
we’re lying in the field beside the playground. i’m comparing your freckles to constellations. “this cluster on your cheek is the big dipper,” i laugh. “well these one’s here on your wrist are the little dipper,” you giggle back, holding my wrist and examining the little dark spots on it. it makes me feel weird inside. i think i like it. i think i like it a lot.
“I always wanted to think I was an alien, I used to think when I was young that I was adopted by my mother because when they found me in a spaceship and they let me out, I was from a different planet. I wanted to be from a different planet really bad. Every night I used to talk to my real parents and my real family in the skies. I knew that there were thousands of other alien babies dropped off all over the place, and I have met quite a few of them. It’s just something that I’ve always liked to toy with in my mind. It’s really fun to pretend that, you know, there is some special reason for me to be here, and I feel really homesick all the time, and so do the other aliens. And I only have a chance to come across a handful of other aliens throughout the rest of my life.” — Kurt Cobain
“I always wanted to think that I was an alien. I use to think when I young that I was adopted by my mother because they found me, and a spaceship let me off onto a different planet. I wanted to be from a different planet really bad. Every night I would talk to my real parents and my real family in the skies, [laughs] I knew there were thousands of other alien babies dropped off and they were all over the place and I had met quite a few of them. It was just always something I liked to toy with in my mind, it was really fun.”- Kurt Cobain