A co-taught chemistry class where Zuko is the super smart, kind of awkward first time professor and Sokka is the goofy and fun loving lab instructor. They plan lessons together and argue over literally everything, but they’re everyone’s favorite professor duo and can usually be found eating lunch together and arguing about the accuracy of science puns.
5 headcanons each for Aang switching places with Korra and Korra switching places with Aang (with a focus on Korra and Zuko's relationship maybe?)?
I see what you did there.
1. Korra had such a hard time as an Air Nomad. Everybody, including her knew from the time she was a little girl that she was the Avatar, because the only element she couldn’t bend was air. The other kids never wanted to play with her, because all of the games they wanted to play, she couldn’t play without airbending, and all of the games she could play, they were convinced she had an unfair advantage in because she was the Avatar. She spent a lot of time with her teacher feeling lonely and frustrated, and like she would rather be anything except the Avatar.
The one good thing about being the Avatar is, the temple elders decided to give her a sky bison early, in the hopes that taking care of one of the original airbenders will teach her to airbend. It didn’t, but having Appa was great anyway. Still, the temple elders kept her close to the temple instead of letting her train in the other elements, and she ran off to the Southern Water Tribe to finally learn waterbending. This was when she got lost in the storm and frozen.
2. Korra wakes up to the beautiful face of a Water Tribe girl, and falls head over heels in love with her, though she doesn’t recognize those feelings for what they are until much later. Anyway, since she isn’t running from being the Avatar, and in fact went south to finally train, she doesn’t try to keep the whole Avatar thing secret. In fact, to prove she’s the Avatar, she waterbends and firebends right there for Katara. First Sokka tries to attack her for firebending, then Katara drops the news that there are no waterbenders at the South Pole except her.
3. Instead of surrendering peacefully to Zuko to protect the village, Korra tries to fight him. He hauls her in all of her twelve-year-old, kicking, biting, fire-and-waterbending glory onto his ship in something like horror at what he got himself into. He won’t admit it, but he’s almost relieved when she escapes.
He does not destroy the village. There is no need. He has what he came for, right?
4. Pakku is just about willing to make an exception in the gender role nonsense to train the Avatar, but he’s not training her friend too. That’s it, no girls allowed. Okay Pakku. Katara fights him, while Korra sits back and wonders why she didn’t think of that, and falls deeper in love.
5. Korra’s love life, which is probably important I guess: Her crush on Katara is utterly unreciprocated, leading to terrible heartbreak. Then, she falls in love with a newly redeemed Zuko, as they dance together under rainbow dragon fire. He, uh, really doesn’t see her that way, and also he has a girlfriend, and… (Uncle, help). Then, Zuko and Mai break up, and Korra thinks here’s her shot, right? No, Zuko turns her down flat. Eventually, Zuko starts dating Katara, and Korra, well Korra starts spending time with Mai, and one thing leads to another, and when Korra’s a little older, they start dating.
6. Aang the waterbender doesn’t find out he’s the avatar until he’s almost sixteen, and trying to explain this one firebending move that he saw a performer do at the last festival to his creepy cousins, when poof, he makes fire. Of course his uncle tries to take over, and his parents call in the order of the White Lotus, and it’s off to the Earth Kingdom to learn earthbending, until his uncle kidnaps him to unlock the spirit portals.
7. He is not a fully trained Avatar. He has waterbending and earthbending, and he almost dies, and loses his connection to all of his past lives, and he barely defeats Vaatu, and he is such a failure, and there’s some guy running around Republic City taking away people’s bending, and wow, why is he the Avatar?
8. The next element in the cycle is supposed to be fire, but suddenly the world is full of airbenders, none of whom have any better idea how to do this airbending thing than he does. Since Avatar Korra never had any children, these are the first airbenders since her death almost seventeen years ago. Aang goes to help find them all and train with them, and then rescue them from the Earth Queen, and then he gets mixed up with the Red Lotus and Amon and Tarlok, and everybody tried to kill him or take away his bending, or make him go into the Avatar state and then kill him, and he almost died again, and he went into the Avatar state and almost killed three people (all of whom are awful, but still) and two of them escaped and no one can find them, and now he can’t walk on his own and he hurts and feels sick all the time.
9. He runs. He runs and he runs and he runs until he just can’t run anymore, and no matter how far he runs, he is left empty, afraid, and alone.
10. When he faces Kuvira, he does it with nothing but the knowledge that he has done this before. He has faced death, and at this point, he figures he will have to keep facing death. When he is able to talk her down, he is so relieved, and so happy, and this, this is how we wishes every conflict could go.
i really need to follow more people my dash be dead
so message me or reblog dont matter if you woul like a follow well under one condition you need to blog at least one or more than one of these following fandoms and its okay if you have fandoms outside of the following…. so here they are
Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Voltron, Overwatch, Pokemon, Kill La Kill, Yuri On Ice, Attack On Titan, Gurren Lagann, Star Vs The Forces Of Evil, Pokemon, Legend Of Korra, Avatar: The Last Airbender (”and no not the shitty movie people geez”), Undertale, FNAF, Adventure Time. My Little Pony, Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, Over The Graden Wall, Wander Over Yonder, Bee and PuppyCat, Bravest Warriors, Nintendo, Stranger Things, and lots more fandoms so dont be shy
- also follow art blogs, shitposters, and aesthetic blogs so please if you want reblog ill make sure to check you out.
Sokka is one of those starfish people in bed. The guy can take up one of the huge beds in the Fire Nation palace all by himself (somehow). like he just fills up all available space. But he’s not the kind of starfish person that kicks other people off of the bed or steals the sheets (okay maybe sometimes that, but who doesn’t at least once in their life). anyways, Sokka tends to kind of just include whoever is sharing his bed space with him. he’s the ultimate sleep cuddler.
Zuko, on the other hand, is very stiff and confined when he sleeps. actually, that’s a little bit of a lie because as soon as the nightmares start (and they come most nights, have been coming since his mom left) he starts moving around, bunching up the sheets and curling into a little ball and he wakes up with a sore back and a cramped neck a lot.
Sokka helps with that. he doesn’t even fully wake up most of the time, just sort of grunts and rolls over and onto Zuko, or curls around him and pulls him against his body. on the nights where even that doesn’t help, he wakes up as soon as Zuko leaves the bed and waits for him. sometimes, if Zuko is feeling up to it they play Pai Sho together or Sokka will tell Zuko old Water Tribe stories about the stars and the moon. they do that until the sun rises and chases the nightmares away.
Anyway ASOUE is so important and you all should watch it
It gives vocabulary to kids while not undermining their intelligence
The transitions from one sentence to the next are beautiful
I think it gives adults a new way to describe things, or gives them a space to see something new in a subtle and beautiful way
Honestly I think kids will grow up with a wider world through Lemony Snicket. He gives kids a place to learn that sometimes you will be sad. He gives kids difficult words in a non-condescending way, which does not happen enough. He is why I knew many different references (the most vivid example, for me, is that I learned who Nero was).