Curious anon looking for queer movie recommendations. Do not let me down.
ok let’s Do This
- fucking amal: should get a special mention tbh. this was the first queer movie i watched (i got it from the library lmao i still remember checking it out all like DONT BLUSH ALSO DONT ACT LIKE U ARE ASHAMED BC U ARE NOT ASHAMED IT’S JUST A FUCKING MOVIE) anyway i was like 12 or 13 when i watched it for the first time and just…….. my tiny lesbian children sighs i was so happy when i watched this movie it was so cute and there were girls kissing girls and girls being in love w girls and it was so nice!!!! now tbh i haven’t seen it in like 4 or 5 years now so my memory about the actual movie is a bit blury lmao but i couldn’t not put it on the list
- in the same category: beautiful thing. first queer movie i bought myself lmao. v simple story of boys falling in love w each other and dealing w (internalized) homophobia and their environment and w each other. you can argue the movie is kind of blah but idk it has a special place in my Heart
- usually i don’t like watching dutch movies tbh (i think it’s the language… idk) but jongens is rly worth checking out. two boys competing on the same team (i think it was running. i’m gonna pretend it was running) and falling in love. the river scene is rly cute. if u watch it you’ll know what i mean.
- the angels of sex a movie w poly relationships!!!!!! or like, poly relationship that goes through a lot of trouble lmao. i don’t know many movies w poly pairings so that’s probably one of the main reasons i so latched on to this one but (weak shrug) whatever. boy and girl are in relationship. boy falls in love w another boy. girl decides boy an date boy and girl at the same time. it gets Complicated. it’s cute. it ends happy. HAPPY POLY RELATIONSHIPS!!!!!!!
- but i’m a cheerleader: i know a lot of ppl love this movie and i’m kind of ://// about it but i can’t rly dislike it??? idk anything that involves things like straight camp make me feel kind of uncomfortable lmao, no matter what the situation is, but the storyline in itself is sweet? again girls falling in love and going through Shit but in the end still choosing each other and finding each other in order to be happy sigh. also the aesthetics of this movie are v pretty
- okay definitely the way he looks oh my god this movie is so so so cute. honestly i have no words you should just watch it. it’s just such a happy movie sigh
- rent because i always rec rent. i’m truly sorry. but hey there is maureen and joanne and angel and collins so i shouldn’t feel bad abt reccing it right??? ok
- private romeo which is probably again more personal but… it’s abt two boys in military academy and it uses the script/lines of romeo and juliet and it’s so…. beautiful. it’s so soft and gentle and so so so beautiful oh my god. the first time i watched it, it was kind of confusing in the beginning bc of the names and the characters and the roles they took in the story u feel but it’s so worth it, honestly.
- boys don’t cry but i sure did l m a o. i don’t have much to say abt it tbh just watch it and Prepare urself
- ma vie on rose falls in the same category as boys don’t cry tbh. u will cry. also aesthetically really pretty of i remember correctly???
- do i need to add brokeback mountain or is that too obvious lmao????
- also can fame go on here? i’m just gonna say it. go watch it.
- heavenly creatures i’m so???? abt this movie?? it’s so pretty but also so fucked up lmao and me saying anything abt it would immediately spoil everything so…… idk yea
- kyss mig let’s be real here i don’t remember much abt this movie but i have it twice on dvd for some reason so let me just rec it ok
- there are a lot more but i’m kind of stuck and also answering this question took me like an hour already lmao so…. okay