confession: I'm a furry but fur suits are the weirdest fUCKIN THINGS ??? Why u want???
You know, I’m actually gunna give you a real answer here instead of just some witty one-off like I normally would.
1. I like costumes. Plain and simple. I think dressing up is super fun and Halloween just aint enough for me.
2. I’m fugly as hell and can’t do make-up for shit. I could be the greatest costume maker in the world and it wouldn’t matter because I’d hate any “normal” cosplay I made because it was on me.
3. I like animals. I think they’re super cool. Seems to follow that if I like animals and I like costumes, animal costumes would be a logical next step.
4. I enjoy character acting, but I have zero context to do it in. I did theatre in high school and did some work at a haunted house for a short time and found I had a lot of fun running around like a loony, but in my adult life I haven’t had the time or desire to go into theatre full-time. A fursuit and conventions give me the chance to do that again sometimes without it having to consume my whole life.
5. I’m an artist. Fursuits are fucking incredible works of art that take SO MUCH time, money and space and materials to produce, and the really talented suit makers are fucking miracle workers in my eyes. There are so many really gorgeous and creative fursuits out there, and I think it’s a damn shame people will just dismiss them as “weird” and not see them for the god damn masterpieces they are. You take a look at any suit AutumnFallings or Fleecerot or Clockwork Creatures or Kaiborg Studios has made and tell me it’s not amazing.