Do you have any NurseyDex headcannons?
THIS HAS BEEN SITTING IN MY ASK BOX FOR WEEKS BECAUSE I HAD SO MANY HEADCANONS I HAD TO NARROW THEM DOWN LMAO. seriously I have so many but here are a few of my favorites!
· Honestly like… they’re both romantic af. I always see so much “oh Nursey is the romantic and Dex couldn’t care less,” but….
· Dex is the textbook definition of the acts of service love language. He’s also super perceptive, if he’s quiet he’s probably making the active decision to LISTEN to whoever is talking and not just hear what they’re saying. The man would build his partner a front porch as soon as he had the time, energy, and funds because a few months ago they mentioned how nice it would be to sit on the front porch with him with a glass of lemonade on a late spring day (and he does do this for Nursey eventually and also probably builds a reading/writing nook for him when they own a house).
· Nursey has a decent hodgepodge of several love languages, mainly words of affirmation/quality time/occasionally gifts. He’s the type to write down quotes that made him think of his partner and post them around the house, and if he sees something in a store that makes him think of his partner/sees something he knows his partner wants/would like he’ll get it for them. He’s also a big listener, and he likes spending time with the people he loves even if they’re not really doing anything? Just hanging out and doing their own thing in the same room is enough for him a lot of the time
· Both are perceptive and this means that both of them notice typing patterns and how they correlate to the other’s mood. Nursey says “chill!!!!” – a good day. “yo chill” – average day. “Chill.” – pissed the fuck off, maybe crying he’s so angry? Days like this, Dex will go out of his way to Annie’s and get Nursey’s feel-good drink (chai rose latte with soy milk because regular milk makes it too sweet). If Dex ever actually sends ellipses in a message, that means he’s bottling up so much he’ll explode later if he doesn’t convey what he’s feeling properly so Nursey will throw a soft blanket in the dryer so that he’ll have something warm to cuddle into when he gets home, and Dex will lean against Nursey with the blanket on his shoulders until he’s ready to talk.
· They’ll also do that sickeningly sweet thing where in the dead of winter when the other is in the shower they’ll put a towel in the dryer so that it’s warm when they get out.
· CUDDLY DEX!
· The man is a fucking koala.
· Seriously, if he’s sleeping alone he’s got his entire body wrapped around a pillow, even if it’s not person sized. Arms and legs wrapped completely around like it’s a tree trunk. He’s spring loaded and tense even when sleeping so he’s just, wrapped around this pillow like he’ll fall 30 feet if he lets go and the habit continues when he starts sharing a bed with Nursey.
· The first time they shared a bed Nursey woke up with both arms and both legs asleep and completely numb from how tight Dex was holding him and he just didn’t want to wake him up because even though his body is tense his face looks so peaceful? Also like, he can’t feel his limbs so, it’s a bit hard to move.
· It was like ten minutes before he even tried to move, and then he’s still in physical pain because like…. Sleeping limbs, y’all, if you don’t move them for long enough it’s like “I need to go to the ER levels of pain.” You thought Nursey was clumsy? Imagine the man when he cannot physically feel his legs. This was a learning experience for both of them.
· They spend the next few nights figuring out good sleeping positions that don’t cut off air or blood flow.
· The winners: Dex as little spoon, wrapped around a pillow the same way he would be if he was alone but with Nursey in a similar position holding Dex; Nursey flat on his back, Dex on his stomach slightly to the side with one leg thrown over Nursey and his arms kind of circling his head like a halo, head buried into the crook of Nursey’s neck.
· They both have a love of crime shows, especially Law and Order, and ESPECIALLY Special Victims Unit.
· They can only watch it when they’re both in average everyday moods though, because if they’re in super good moods it will bring them down and with bad moods… SVU is not the best Law and Order series for bad mood days (the author speaks from experience). They learn to spot each other’s mannerisms and know when it is Not an SVU Day.
· They can never watch just one episode, it’s a problem. Like one’ll sit down and be like “Hey you wanna watch just like, one episode to wind down?” and the other will agree and then one episode turns into MINIMUM four and they’re both ready to die for Olivia Benson.
· This happens EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. And they NEVER learn.
· They’re also the people that quote along with the opening monologue word for word and will do stupid ass dance moves to the theme song. The first time Dex danced to it, Nursey laughed so hard beer came out of his nose.
I love these dorks.