also: turnabout academy was not my favorite case because means creeped me out but it holds sentimental value for me and i owe one to it for being the one and only case to this day that was uncomplicated enough for my simple ass to get through without looking up the answers
1. My Favorite Murder - Two hilarious women talk about murder, among (a lot of) other things. (Non-Fiction, weekly ongoing)
2. The Strange Case Of The Starship Isis - What if Firefly, but everyone was queer? (Fiction, ongoing?)
3. Can I Pet Your Dog - A Dog Haver and A Dog Wanter talk about dogs, often to really cool people. (Non-Fiction, Weekly ongoing)
4. The Bright Sessions - Therapy for people with superpowers; what could go wrong? (Fiction, currently in the second season)
5. The Dollop - A dude who did research tells a dude who didn’t about history. (Non-Fiction, weekly)
6. Limetown - The best/creepiest/most amazing podcast about an entire town that disappeared. (Fiction, only 1 season, likely dead, but so well done it is worth a listen)
7. My Brother, My Brother, And Me - Good, good, goof boys give bad, bad, hilarious advice (Non-Fiction, weekly ongoing)(be warned the early stuff can be problematic, but honestly who wasn’t shittier 7 years ago?)
8. Welcome To Night Vale/Alice Isn’t Dead - Beautiful Gay Protagonist talks about the creepy shit that happens to them. (Fiction, WTNV weekly ongoing, AID in its second season)
9. How Did This Get Made - The best Bad Movie Podcast with amazing guests and Jason Mantzoukas who I’m not sure if I love or hate. (Non-Fiction, bi-weekly with minis in between) (It’s love)
10. The Adventure Zone - The most talented DM I have ever heard wrangles three family members while creating some of my fave gay characters. (Fiction-ish, bi-weekly)
Random Question \o/ What's your favorite TOS episode?? 😊
MMMMBOY! I’m GLAD YOU ASKED!!!!!
DID SOMEONE SAY
THIS EPISODE. FUCK. YOU KNOW??? THIS EPISODE???? WHERE SPOCK FREAKS OUT BECAUSE JIM IS IN DANGER??? WHERE THE ENTIRE POINT OF STAR TREK IS COMMUNICATED IN FIFTY MINUTES OF PURE GAY DELIGHT AND MEANINGFUL ALLEGORIES???? WHERE THEY LEARN TO COMMUNICATE WITH A CREATURE SO ENTIRELY UNLIKE THEMSELVES THAT THE MERE FACT THEY CAN COMMUNICATE WITH IT IS NOTHING SHORT OF A MIRACLE (thank you, Spock). WHERE THERE’S A MOMENT WHEN JIM WANTS TO BE ANGRY WITH SPOCK AND HE PHYSICALLY CAN’T BECAUSE SPOCK IS SO CUTE WITH HIS PROBABILITIES AND STATISTICS????
I’m SO sorry for the capslock but I cannot cannot cannot tell you how important this episode is to me. It encapsulates every single thing I love about the series. It has beautiful moments between my boys, a beautiful message, and ends on such a positive note. If I could play this episode on loop for the rest of my life and never watch anything else, I would be content.
Thank you so much for asking. I will NEVER pass up an opportunity to talk about The Devil in the Dark.