NEW TOY Alert (part 2)!
I am so excited I can barely type… :D In fact, I am so excited about this that I broke 2 of my (self-imposed) “cardinal rules” of photography to take this shots:
- Generally, I only use natural light for my guitar shots…because I can’t stand the yellowness and multi-directional shadows I get when using house lamps (each separate lamp causes a shadow in a sightly different direction)! But because these were taken after dark, I have used the incandescent lights in in my studio* and then tried to remove the the ugly yellowness in Adobe Lightroom.
- I used a flash for shots 2 and 4. See above: I try to use only natural light at all times, and yet here I am breaking my own rule because I wanted to get these up asap!!
Now…the story: I got a great deal on this Flying V today. I had an SG up for sale on Internets, and was not getting a lot of responses from “serious” buyers - just the typical Craigslist/Kijiji bullsh*t like
- I’ll give you ¼ the asking price for it, and when you refuse I will rant about how my offer is the best you are going to get and I should know because I have bought so many high-end guitars over the years and I have never paid more than 75 bucks for any of them!
- I will pay the asking price but I live 500 miles away from you so please ship it and I will pay you upon receipt. also: please tell me your bank account number so I can make a direct deposit.
- I don’t have any money but would you take a straight trade for my 1984 Vantage (or Hondo, or any other cheap crappy brand you can think of…), and here is why I think my 100 dollar Vantage (or Hondo or etc…) is worth the same amount as your limited edition Gibson SG…
And then I got a message from a guy that wanted to trade me a Flying V, plus some cash to make up for the value difference between the SG and the V. In the back of my tiny little mind I have always wanted a V, so when I received his offer…I snapped it up!
It’s my first V ever. I have never even played one…I can’t wait to get it freshly stringed and set up…and then I’ll probably spend the rest of the day playing Scorpions tunes… :D
* By “my studio” I of course mean “my kitchen”