uhh…. thing I did a little bit ago because of my appreciation for my friendo @ Blackggggum as they are super inspiring (and ridiculous)
So I did some reffing and design based on their beautiful pictures, I would probably change a lot now looking at it, but it was the first time ever doing anything vehicle/machine related ;;;;;;; (S!P: Hummer / S!S: QUADRO4 (4 wheel moped?)
Hiya, so I’ve opened commissions again since as of late my family has been pretty short on money. And pairing that with my father threatening to bring us to court, it’ll ultimately cause us to lose more income since my mom won’t be able to go to work and neither will I. So I figured in case of this happening I’d take in as many commissions as possible so work up money so we don’t have to worry as much about paying for bills and other necessities.
Here’s my commission sheet to somewhat give a frame of reference when asking me to draw things. Of course prices vary and I’ll gratefully negotiate(/lower) prices if you’re not able to afford what I come up with.
I’d appreciate it a ton if people even spread this around because it’ll help me a ton in the end. Also all of my commissions are based on an A4 sheet of paper size, so if I make a print for you then it’ll be around the size of a regular sheet of paper or a bit smaller.
Message me if you’re interested/have any inquiries. Thank you!
Hi!! If it's okay, can I ask where your Dirk wig is from or how you styled it? I really admire how it looks :)
- Yeah yeah of course. it’s from Matchwigs, and I’m pretty sure this was the one I used. Though any wig that’s not too short or has too short layers should do. If it has short layers it’s going to be harder to style, I learned that from my Brobot wig.
- You’re gonna wanna cut it like a basic wig style - I’m not an expert at cutting hair AT ALL, so this is really the only way I’d be able to describe it. You could use this tutorial for cutting the bangs, but I’d leave the layers in the back long for when you style it. I’d even suggest styling the main parts first and then cutting in layers afterwards. The bangs can be styled any way you want it’s not a big deal.
-AND NOW FOR ACTUAL STYLING WHICH IS THE TEAR INDUCING PART HURRAY honestly I don’t have any tips, and I’m thinking of getting a new wig because this one is surprisingly damaged, which you can see in this picture in places,
but normally when I want to restyle my wig, I’d make a ‘main’ spike which would be this one:
- And I’d spray it a little at the base with hairspray so It stays, then I’d give it lil spritz of hairspray afterwards to sort of mold it with my hands. Don’t use too much hairspray it’s just make it stiff and hard to style properly. I also tend to pull it apart a bit so it doesn’t look completely ‘sculpted’, but that’s up to you really.
- Then I’d make a ‘top spike’, which is smaller but it starts anywhere from the middle of my head to just at the part of the bangs:
- Same process as the main spike.
- Lastly, I’d do the back, which is pretty much me spraying a cloud of hairspray over it and combing it over with my fingers to follow the flow of the other spikes, I can’t get a picture of the back, but they’re like lil secondary spikes which really helps it look a lot better. They don’t really have an order so whatever works for you I guess?
- It’s also probably easier if you style it either on a wig head or just. In your hands. I normally style it just holding it rather than on a head and it works for me, but whatever you find easier.
I went way into detail lmao, but I hope that helped.
I’m finally learning to embrace my inner Homestuck, let go of my fears of inadequacy, and stop comparing myself to other artists. At long last, I’ve figured out how to stop worrying about trying to make everything I produce a masterpiece, and instead just focus on making something and improve from there. Its an amazingly freeing feeling.
So for this challenge I drew a Homestuck favorite! ALL THE ROBOCHILDREN! At first I was just going to do Aradiabot, but then I thought, WHY STOP THERE?? JADEBOT DOESN’T GET ENOUGH LOVE AND BROBOT IS A THING TOO.
And thus the trio was drawn and it was good. Heh, I also focused particularly on the coloring, trying to make it less sloppier than usual, and keeping all the colors in the lines. You’re welcome~