headcanons for the bethan + serica fair double date!
if you write/draw this, please tag me! i’d love to see it! i’d write something if i was good at that shit but i’m not so heres this mess. and a playlist !
- erica picked up sarah first, and they roll up to pick up the boys lookin fresh to death (ride around town in my cadillac / girls in the front, boys in the back)
- they get through the doors: snacks and drinks. ethan gets a lemon snowcone, benny gets a popsicle, and the girls get themselves a blue and pink cotton candy each. benny paid to be a “gentleman” but immediately demands that he be paid back later.
- BENNY AND SARAH LOVE ROLLERCOASTERS; DATEMATES DO N O T! erica hates admitting it but she would literally rather do anything than get on a rollercoaster so she makes up excuses, while ethan straight up “absolutely not • while benny and sarah "risk their lives”, ethan and erica play all the games!! erica is waaaay too competitive and multiple times ethan has to stop her from killing someone • ethan is really strategic and figures out the best ways to win and ends up with like,,, at least 8 stuffed animals • he ends up giving some to erica to say she won for sarah
- benny and sarah get food while meeting back up with their dates and they just….. talk about how great they are the whole time
- sarah is the number one photographer of the whole night like seriously sOOOOOO many candids (ethan is the number two bc while sarah gets pics of everyone, he just gets scenery and his bf)
- benny ate two turkey legs, a giant corndog, three slices of pizza, and one and a half subdaes (the half was split with ethan)
- ethan got all jumpy and hype cos he hogged the funnel cake and ate almost the whole thing himself
- sarah gets suuuper tired but refuses to go home because “i didnt spend all that time babysitting, getting underpaid i might add, to leave this date at nine o'clock!”
- erica smiles really big and leans down and kisses her really big because her sleepy lil girlfriend is so cute
- ^ benny and ethan tease them and act like its gross even though theres only like 10 total minutes the whole night where they arent in contact with each other in some way
- sarah and erica go on the carousel even though theyre 17 goddamn years old and they try to squeeze onto one of the horses so erica can wrap her arms around her and kiss her cheek
- benny convinces ethan to go on the littlest, least scary rollercoaster. theres not even any upside down bits but ethan is freaking out the whole time and squeezing benny’s hand waaay too hard and when they get off hes super dizzy but honestly had a good time and cant stop smiling
- before they leave they all get ice cream cones (erica gets strawberry, sarah gets mint chocolate chip, ethan gets chocolate, benny gets chocolate cookie dough) and get on the ferris wheel
- it’s like 10pm at that point and all the lights are on at the fair and the stars are out and no one can stop lookin at their date
- THEY KISS!!! they forget abt the other couple deadass they love each other too much to NOT kiss on top of the ferris wheel.
- benny initiates the kiss w ethan while hes talkin about the stars; sarah kisses erica just because her face is all lit up by the colored fair lights and just “wow”
- “what if i threw my ice cream at someone lmao” “BENNY DO NOT”
- their original plan was to all go home to benny’s house and watch movies but honestly the couples have ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) other plans
- ANYWAYS for real the drive home is equally lit and calm because theyre all tired but they still sing along to the songs on the radio
- sarah is probably taking sOOO many pictures of the loser boys in the back falling asleep on each other and of her awesome girlfriend driving
- pics all over insta that night/next day with sooo many cheesy captions
this was probably one of the best requests of all time, I felt so so inspired by it and I hope you guys like it to. I'm seriously thinking about turning this into a whole serious, where each of these is a boy x reader oneshot so pls lemme know what you think of that idea? <3
The Classic High School AU
We all know that our boy Coups would slay as the classic high school heart throb. Nobody would fit the part better than him. He is the meaning of after school football practices and making cheerleaders' panties drop with a wink and a smile. He also has the heart and the smarts underneath his muscles and good looks to bring dimension to his movie character that would surprise the protagonist in the best way and make you fall in love. (I mean, who wouldn't fall in love with him, anyway?) Not only does his character fit seamlessly into this AU/genre, but he embodies the genre itself. The cheesy romance bits of the plot, the corny jokes, and the underlying message to never give up on your dreams that always acts like a big brother to the viewing teens, just like Seungcheol does. He is the classic high school movie - a perfect way to settle into the movie marathon.
Pre-Millennial Crime Thriller
That sounds like a very complicated title, but our Jeonghan is a very complicated and beautiful man. At first I wanted to call this one "1920's Mob Film", but I felt that was far too narrow. Mostly because crime dramas set in the 1960's and 70's are becoming very popular and Jeonghan fits that style very well along with the 1920's. So I believe this beauty would fit perfectly into any crime or mob movie set before the turn of the millennium. Mainly during the 1920's, 30's, or the 50's and 60's. His hair was just meant to be tucked neatly under a fedora and paired with a sharp suit that would have all his enemies shaking in their boots the moment they saw him coming. Because yes, he does have that beautiful, angelic face, but I feel that's what would make him the perfect crime boss. He would be the devil hiding in the angel's armour. Nobody would expect it from him until just a few moments before their tragic death. Slowly, over time, they would learn to fear this beautiful man, understand that this was his town and this angel was playing God not because he deserved it, but because he wanted it. I just feel like he's the human embodiment of soft music box music playing in the background of a murder scene during a movie like this, and I love it.
Joshua would be the Glenn of a Seventeen zombie apocalypse. (And because Glenn is my all time favourite character of everything I paired little Jisoo with the genre.) He'd be the good guy who survives strictly because he is good to others, and somehow manages to maintain his purity and morality even when the world goes to shit. That would be the best thing about him. He'd believe that others are still good and he'd high uphold the belief that no one should get left behind. He would be the guy who would often almost get killed trying to save other people. He wouldn't actually have many apocalypse survival skills, but his kind nature would find him with people to save his ass over and over again, no matter what trouble they had to go through doing so. Most would think that a badass type of person would embody the zombie genre, but I really think someone like Jisoo is it. He has the heart warming arch of the story, the loveable characters (you know, the ones you really, really don't want to die but probably get treated like shit anyway), and somewhere deep inside him he probably has the really dark parts that any good zombie movie has. But really he's probably more of a zombie comedy like Zombieland or Dead Before Dawn.
Jun being the vampire genre is about as certain as the sun rising in the morning. He's a vampire through and through. But I believe he's his own breed of vampire. Not a classic, brooding dark creature of the night like Dracula, or a modern emotional sparkly lover like Edward, but a mix of sexual, adorable, funny, sassy, and something still very human that would make his vampire easily a romantic comedy or teen movie. He'd be the type to go around telling people he's a vampire, almost trying to scare them, and no one would believe him because he just doesn't seem like the type. And he'd drink blood out of those girly reusable athletic cups with straws in public, with no one actually knowing it's blood. He would be a lot like the vampires from My Babysitter's A Vampire, but with a twist of sexuality, and something a little more brooding. Because deep down he has realized his curse - being stuck between death and life for an eternity and having to kill to stay strong - and accepted it. He would just be the perfect main character, as well as the fact that he just embodies every aspect of every kind of vampire that has been portrayed on screen before.
Summer Adventure/Feel Good Flick
Some of my all time favourite kinds of movies are the feel good summer movies about teens going on adventures and making some kind of growing leap or major character development over that summer. Like Now and Then, Whip It, The Sandlot, or the Goonies (which yes, I know that one was set in the fall). I feel like the spirit of these kind of movies also embodies a lot of music videos, like SHINee's View, which I really love. Hoshi himself is perfect for this kind of movie because he is a feel good summer adventure in human form. He's all the happiness and bright parts, all the interesting dips and turns in the plot that really keep the movie going. He's all the road trips, all the eating snacks out of crappy gas stations, sleepovers in rickety tree houses, bon fires on the beach, the best kind of montages to a great summer song (maybe Adore U?). Overall he's just a happy, bright little puppy that makes you feel really happy and bright like a great summer vacation and a great summer movie.
As much as Wonwoo could be the ultimate emo vampire as well, I believe that his darkness can be channeled into hairy beast of the full moon. I was torn between him and Coups for this genre, but ultimately moody with a touch of puppy cuteness won out over heartthrob. I also feel that he has the mature side of a werewolf thriller or romance, and the silly side for when the genre is targeted toward a younger audience, like the show Teen Wolf (which I love, all time fav). And I mean he's just dreamy, and doesn't everybody have some weird werewolf kinky deep down?
Magical Fantasy Land
My first thought with this one is Harry Potter. Woozi would be the perfect little pastel unicorn prince, slaying enemies with spells and making them bow down just with his cuteness alone. Even if it wasn't specifically Harry Potter, maybe it would be an Alice in Wonderland or Narnia, any magical fantasy would fit his personality and looks perfectly. The adorable shell with a serious, take charge and save the world undertone would belong there and make him the leader of the group or in any position of royalty if there was one - especially if there was some kind of magical "chosen one", he'd be it. Him just generally being ethereal, wise, and talented embodies this genre and if he was in a movie like this I'd watch it over and over again.
There's nothing better than a good, classic superhero movie. Even the ones that are being made and coming out in 2015 seem to have all the classic elements to them, and that's what makes them so easy to love. Just like DK - he's a very classic kind of guy. Classic looks, classic humor, appears very easy going and easy to be around. That's why he would fit perfectly into the world of any classic DC or Marvel superhero (personally I'd go for DC, but that's just my preference). He could slip seamlessly into the role of ordinary citizen by day, and tall, handsome, muscled city saviour by night. His hero would be charismatic, loved by all, and not only treat the citizens as victims, but as everyday people that he loved and cared for. And if we really wanted to stir things up in this genre, DK wouldn't be the hero - he could be the shy, polite damsel in distress to our heroic female protagonist. Either way, Seokmin as a person has all the qualities of this genre - the humor, the drama, the energy, and the overall childish glamour that draws us all to loving superheroes and their adventures.
Low Budget Indie/Grunge Film
This is a very specific style of film-making, rather than a genre, that Mingyu (especially with his gorgeous silver hair) would fit into so brilliantly. There is a bit of cross-over between this and feel good summer movies, with movies like The Kings of Summer or Moonrise Kingdom, but the more unique thing I find about this genre is that the subject matter of these movies (mostly) is a lot darker. Usually of the nature of drug use and sex and abusive relationships. And what would our happy little Mingyu have to do with movies like this? It's really more about his aesthetic. Movies like this are all about aesthetic - there's entirely blogs dedicated to grunge, and a lot of movie screen caps end up on there - and his looks fit in perfectly. The sharply chiseled jaw, dark, smoky eyes, built form, and most of all, the silvery hair that really says grunge king. That and in my opinion, in the setting of one of these movies, he could turn on a dime from happy-go-lucky into the mystery, badass, soul punk that the story calls for. With an outfit change he could slip right into the world of a movie like How I Live Now, Hick, The Basketball Diaries, or a show like Freaks and Geeks.
One of the genres I definitely wanted to use was a supernatural one. Seemingly ordinary people having extraordinary powers (like the movie Push), demons and angels living in the suburbs, basically anything that would be the everyday plot of an anime. In this world, Minghao would be perfect in the role of the protagonist's best friend, the one who undoubtedly panics when he finds out what's really lurking in his world. But the protagonist would have nowhere else to go, no one else to turn to, possibly running from the government because of your abnormality, and you knew that Minghao would have your back. So you told him, disclosed to him all the freaky shit that goes on just under his nose, and at first he'd freak out. He'd deny it, he wouldn't really be able to cope. But then his heart would be right there in it. He would protect you no matter what, until his dying breath, doing anything to make sure you were safe. He would be the air of lightness, innocence, and maybe even comic relief that this genre needs.
Seungkwan and Vernon:
Buddy Cop Movie
I know it might seem a little cheap to have two of them under the same genre, but you can't tell me these two wouldn't be the perfect pair of buddy cops. Just like Starsky and Hutch or the girls from The Heat, they'd have the perfect combination of bickering and die hard friendship to make their movie interesting and heartwarming. Seungkwan would be the paper work minded, rule driven, uptight cop that would be 100% about justice and putting the bad guy away, but doing it right. He would probably have some cheesy sap story from when he was a child about why he wanted to join the force in the first place that Vernon would brush off, but it would really get him in the gut. Vernon himself would be more of a dirty cop. He'd have more of a skewed idea of justice, but he'd get his bad guy no matter what it took. He would also be one to make jokes and ignore his paper work and this would bug the hell out of Seungkwan to no end. Together they would be the perfect cops, always get their man (or woman), and have a few laughs along the way. (Personally I would kill for this movie but that's just me.)
A Chosen One Story
This is the Divergent, Maze Runner, or maybe even Hunger Games type of story. Even though stories like this can vary drastically in their setting and details of plot, they usually do have a lot of aspects in common. Dino has all the traits of a protagonist in this kind of story; being young and uncertain, but having a great, strong heart and likely being able to overcome whatever is thrown at him with a smile. Even if he himself wasn't the Chosen One, he would make a great supporting character/best friend to the protagonist. I'm not really sure how else to go about explaining this, but Chan would be such a great character in a movie or even a series like this.
- shes a leo, born the day before harry potters birthday (july 31st) and shes a geek about it
- oldest child of three brothers, two 12 year olds and a 9 year old
- favorite music is hayley kiyoko, paramore, lorde, and pretty. odd era panic at the disco
- really mad that she doesnt show up on camera because she loves the pinkish purple flower halo on snapchat
- super protective of benny ethan & rory even tho she doesnt act like it
- her and rory tease each other all the time and she pretends to hate him but hes probably her second best friend
- found out ethan started reading dusk and now calls him all the time or goes over to talk about it because theyre both NERDS who LOVE IT and they bond over it. they never talk abt it at school but they Know
- asked sarah out after their senior graduation when sarah asked “what do we do now” and then erica just kissed her
- (she needed the boys’s help bc she had no idea how to do it and they gave her that idea) - loves horror movies
- mostly just chillin in their PJ’s spending most of the night watching netflix and gossiping
- do eachothers make-up and promptly mess it up by making out
- stare and compliment eachother basically all night
- every sleepover Erica insists they watch atleast one of the dusk movies
- they also watch horror movies together
- Erica loves horror but Sarah hates them so Sarah is usually clinging to her throughout the movie
- they’re all nice and snugged up on the couch (I might dare say, they’re canoodling)
- Sarah probably hogs whatever pillows or blankets they got with Erica’s arms just warped around her
- watch a bunch of teen romcoms
- oh and of course they watch whatever cute gay movies they got on Netflix
- talk about Benny and Ethan, about how gay they are for eachother but they’re both so dense they don’t know, plan out how they’re gonna set them up, after they set them up together they talk about how cute they are together
- most of their sleepovers are interrupted by the dorks being in trouble, rarely do they get a full night of just the two of them
- when they do get a night with just the two of them, they bathe eachother in kisses all night and maybe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) something more ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
— hugs from behind when he sees you in the halls
— practicing spells constantly.
— passionate kisses anytime and any where.
— constant game playing
— help with homework
— “babe” “baby” “honey”
— pulling stupid pranks on ethan with benny
— he finally stops with flirting with other girls
— being his “magic dummy” when he needs to practice
— “uh, no i dont want you to do my makeup”
— “come on please y/n! I wanna do your makeup.”
— canoodling 24/7
— horror movie marathon
— supporting all his geeky clubs
— being his date to prom
— great sex, am i right
— getting to call him babe
— everyone asking why you like him
— stupid jokes and puns literally 24/7 and pretending to like them.
— watching star wars, star trek and any other movie benny enjoys.