when de-stress? we all have those moments when we are exhausted with work but at the same
time also overwhelmed and stressed about the rest of the work we got to do. specifically
at this time, it’s does good to take a step back and just let go of your
worries till the time you start on work again - it’s time to de-stress my folks
- i bring you a list of things which will help you calm your mind and take control of yourself; let’s begin!!
to calm down your mind after a stressful day
- cuddle with pets (or better, with stuffies!!)
- got those 8 hours of sleep? If not, jump in to take a nap!
- meditate, at least for 5-10 minutes - take control of your mind
- drink lots and lots of water!! (doesn’t help you to de-stress in real sense, but helps you feel a lot better)
- listen to some calming music (rain sounds, ambient music whatever suits your taste!)
- or blast out pop music and dance around to release tension
- workout till you’re sore. don’t stop. (this helps I swear, bc you just feel really tired to even worry)
- talking to fam or friends (or me!!) about what’s stressing you out
- live in the moment. stop worrying about things on which you don’t have control on and about future work. what’s going to come will come; it doesn’t do good to worry about them.
some calming things to do
- try making a beautiful new bullet journal spread; put a lot of effort in it
- maybe paint? draw? (personally, drawing flowers help me relax)
- eat your comfort food; cook it yourself too
- do a bit of reading out of your favourite book (we the #nerds)
- close your eyes and think about happy moments and nothing else
- practice something which takes patience like calligraphy, sewing or just planting a sapling
- have cake and chocolate or sweet stuff bc sweet things are amazing always
- self care!! my personal favourite!! put on that face mask, listen to your favourite music and take a long long bath using bath bombs!! such royalty haha
- drink hot chocolate or green tea :’) no coffee though, pals
- become a child. notice the small things - they’ll give you much more joy than fancy parties and pricey things will do (e.g. sing nursery rhymes, play hide and seek, go out in the sunshine and get an ice - the list goes on!)
- watch nice YouTube videos!! hint: routine videos specially night ones are wonderful to watch and are always super relaxing!!
- call over some friends, have a sleepover and giggle about stupid things (e.g. my sister and I are the absolute riots, we were giggling about nursery rhymes the other day; she’s like twiiinkhle twiiinkhle luly staryyy; basically messing up the lyrics - lowkey cracked me up hahaha)
- sometimes though, just starting on the work that you had been procrastinating on will help you relax bc you are getting work done
lastly, sTOP worrying and stressing!! stressing about stupid things is the main
reason why you feel overwhelmed; so stop fam!!
have a wonderful day, love!! I hope this list helped you in some way!! :-)