MCL Boyfriend Headcanons: How they react to having a baby
Nathaniel, telling him you’re pregnant
- Unless you were planning for a baby, he’d be
really caught off guard. Like, if he were washing dishes or something he’d
literally stop all hand movements and just stare at you for a second
- After processing your words he’d be in complete
shock. “A-Are you absolutely sure??”
- He’d take you to the doctor just to be 100% sure
it wasn’t a false positive
- When he gets the news that it is in fact a true
positive, he has the brightest smile on his face and he’ll just take you into
his arms while whispering “Oh my god…” And then he’ll place a kiss on the top
of your head
- Will constantly be up your butt about eating
properly, getting enough sleep, and will refuse to let you do anything that
could possibly be dangerous. Mopping the floor? Nope, you might slip. Running
up the stairs? “Slow down!”
- He would research a lot about the stages of
pregnancy and giving birth so that he could support you as much as he can
during the 9 months and after.
- Loves feeling the baby kick, he feels this huge
surge of love
- Talks to your belly when you’re sleeping, and he
dies if he feels the baby reacting to his voice
When the baby is born
- When your water breaks he already has a bag
ready to go to the hospital
- He’s holding your hand the entire time and
giving you reassuring kisses to your forehead
- Low-key is about to pass out but he knows he has
to be there for you
- I feel like Nathaniel would have a boy or a
girl, it’s 50/50
- When he first holds his baby, he’s so overcome
with emotion. He won’t cry but his voice would be a little shaky.
- A lot of people think he’d be scared that he
would be a bad father and turn out like his own, but I refuse to accept this.
Nathaniel would from the very start promise to give his baby all the love he
could, so they would never have to experience the pain he went through growing
up. His baby and you are his world now.
- Likes to talk to the baby in this really cute
quiet voice. “Who’s the cutest baby in the world??” He gets really embarrassed
if you hear him.
- Doesn’t mind changing diapers, but he hates getting
- You’ll often find him late at night in the
nursery just staring at your baby in their crib, cause he just loves them so
- Loves that newborn baby smell
- You find him asleep on the couch with the baby
all the time
- Helps out a lot more than he needs to because he
just likes spending time with his baby
- He’s extra tired but he doesn’t care because
it’s worth it.
- The baby gets his eyes.
Castiel, telling him you’re pregnant
- Castiel wouldn’t necessarily plan for a child,
it’d just kind of happen, and he’d just stare at you with the widest eyes ever.
- Probably a million things would be going through
his head at one time. How? When? Is she ready? Am I ready?
DAFUQ IS A BABY???
- This is one of those rare moments when he
actually genuinely smiles, with a slight blush. He would wrap his arms around
your waist and bury his face in your neck. He’s so freaking happy, but also
scared out of his mind.
- He’d probably be the most scared out of all the
guys. His dad was great and all, but he was always busy so he didn’t spend a
lot of time with him, so how is he supposed to know how to be a ‘good’ dad?
- Googles “How to dad”
- Teases you about your boobs getting bigger
- Loves rubbing your belly, if he feels the baby
kicks he’s so amazed by it. He can’t believe his baby in in there.
- Doesn’t really fret over you but he’s definitely
way more protective.
- Is gentler when showing you affection, softer
kisses, looser grips, etc.
When the baby is born
- When your water breaks he’s freaking out. “Isn’t
there like another week left?!”
- Rushes you to the hospital and is probably cursing a lot. “What the f***, what the f***, what the f***?!?!”
- He has no idea what to do while you’re in labor. He’ll hold your hand and rub your back but if you start screaming from contractions it just freaks him out even more tbh.
- Would be in a daze the entire time. Like he wouldn’t pass out, but he would definitely not remember half of the process afterwards.
- I feel like Castiel would most definitely have a baby girl.
- When he holds her for the first time he literally has no words to describe his feelings. Happy isn’t even close. And the love that he feels is just something he never knew existed.
- He’s scared that he’ll break her because shes just so tiny. His movements are very slow and gentle. He’ll just sit in a chair staring at her.
- Would probably tear up and this is the only time he won’t try to deny it
- Loves how soft she is
- He absolutely adores his baby. Do not try to mess with his child, he will f*** you up.
- You have to show him how to change diaper or else he just puts it on backwards every time.
- She would look a lot like him, but act like you. He might start to rub off on her a little later.
- He’s exhausted but he helps out more than you ask him too because he wants to make sure he’s in his child’s life as much as possible, because he really missed his dad when he was a kid
- Plays his guitar for her when she’s crying,
which calms her down a lot
Lysander, telling him you’re pregnant
- Lysander wouldn’t really plan having a kid, but
he would talk to you about it to see if you were ready to start a family. If it
happens, then it happens.
- When you tell him, he isn’t expecting it and it
takes him a few minutes to say anything. He’d be thinking to himself in
those few minutes.
- He wouldn’t say anything; he would just suddenly
pull you into a hug with this look of happiness. No smile but you can
definitely see it in his eyes when he stares at you and kisses you so deeply
you think you might faint. He was going to have a family with the love of his life, and he couldn’t ask for more.
- He’s very excited to see the baby after learning he’s going to
be a father. Kind of wishes the pregnancy would hurry up already
- Would help out around the house as much as he
- Never forgets the date and time of an
appointment because he gets very excited to see how his baby is doing
- Loves placing gentle kisses on your belly and
singing lullabies that his mom used to sing to him when he was a child. The
baby moves a lot when he sings and he loves it.
- Always following close behind you so he can
catch you in case you trip on something.
- Will read books on pregnancy and kind of freaks
himself out a bit when he gets to certain chapters. Will silently be thinking
“What if this happens?? What if that happens??”
- He’s always pampering you, as a thank you for
carrying his child
When the baby is born
- When your water breaks it happens in a very unexpected moment and he freezes up for a second before you or Rosa snaps your fingers in front of his face
- Holds your hand all the way to the hospital and kisses the back of it a lot
- If you’re in pain he calms you down a lot by whispering reassuring things into your ear, gently kissing your forehead
- Moves your hair out of your face
- Is pretty calm throughout the actual birth because I feel like he might’ve helped his parents when the animals on the farm had babies.
- I feel like Lysander would also have a girl
- When he holds her he’s immediately just in awe over how beautiful she is. He cannot believe he helped create something this perfect, but he definitely thinks that you’re the reason shes so gorgeous.
- When the baby opens her eyes and looks at him his heart explodes from love.
- Sings to her to put her to sleep
- Will fall asleep with her in his arms, sometimes you find him asleep on the floor of the nursery while she’s in her crib
- You agreed to take turns waking up to feed/change her in the middle of the night but he never wakes you up. He’ll do it without complaints, and he wants you to rest.
- Is very family oriented so he spends as much time as possible with you and his baby
- Silently thanks you for giving him such a
Armin, telling him you’re pregnant
- Wouldn’t plan on having a baby, like at all. Didn’t
even cross his mind, but when you told him he was instantly filled with joy.
Definitely surprised though.
- “What? Are you sure??”
- After you confirm it by showing him two positive
tests, he runs over to you and picks you up in a spin-hug. “I’m gonna be a
- Alexy is the first one to know and will come
rushing over to your house. “I’M GONNA BE AN UNCLE??!” Also picks out all the
baby clothes. Your baby will be the best dressed of them all. Rosa’s niece
might be competition though.
- Honestly doesn’t know one thing about pregnancy
since he was adopted and his mom never had any other kids, so he’s definitely
going to be on google. (‘What is a placenta?’ *pukes* *Watches video of a birth
and pukes some more*)
- Will help you indulge in your cravings
- Likes to listen to your belly. He talks to it a lot. “Hello you weird little alien!”
- Will paint a pokeball on your belly, and says
your baby is ‘evolving’.
- Thinking of all the cool cosplays you guys could do now that you’re having a baby
- When you go to ultrasound appointments he’s all “Aww, look at our little potato.” He’s making jokes but deep down he really cant believe that hes going to have a kid soon.
When the baby is born
- When your water breaks he actually screams, and then proceeds to take you to the hospital.
- He thinks he’s prepared. After long nights of watching all those horrifying videos and reading those scary articles. He totally has this down.
- He cracks jokes to make you laugh a bit to distract you. Will kiss your cheeks gently when you’re in pain and squeezes your hand.
- Nope, never mind. Take that back. He is not prepared.
- When the baby is finally out he takes one glance and faints. He actually faints.
- After he wakes up he’s confused as ever. Was that even real?? He looks around the room and sees you holding his… son? You guys decided to wait until the birth to figure out the gender.
- He slowly gets up and walks over to you. He looks at his baby boy and is just in such amazement. “Woah, babe… We made him??”
- When he holds him for the first time, he has the widest eyes ever. It’s just so strange to him, holding a mini Armin. The baby looks exactly like him, but with your eyes.
- “This is so cool…” He says with the biggest smile on his face. He’s already thinking of all the shenanigans they can get into in the future. He loves his little guy so much already
- Will fall asleep playing video games with the baby on his chest sleeping soundly as well
- Usually takes care of the baby throughout the night because he’s used to staying up late anyway, and he likes spending the extra time with the baby.
- Hates changing poopy diapers because of a previously very
- Has become great at multitasking. Will play video games while feeding the baby a bottle with his foot.
- Always throws the baby really high to freak you out, but the baby is having a blast so don’t worry
Kentin, when you tell him you’re pregnant
- You guys agreed that you were ready to start a
family already, but when you tell him the news he’s just in utter disbelief
because he’s actually going to be a dad, not just theoretically this time.
- After processing this information, he cracks the
biggest smile and will spin your around while holding you bridal style, kissing
all over your face.
- He’s so freaking happy and excited.
- Will definitely decorate the nursery all by
himself to surprise you.
- Buys you a pregnancy pillow
- Makes sure you have a proper diet but will occasionally let you binge on junk food
- Really wants the baby to look like you because
you’re just so adorable to him
- Comes up behind you and places his hand on your
belly, with his head on your shoulder.
- Will help you paint your toes and put on socks/shoes when your belly is
too big to bend over
- Will only get the best brands for his baby, no
- Will force you to do light exercise because he
read it’s good for the baby
- When he feels the baby kick he tears up.
“There’s really a little human growing in there…”
When the baby is born
- He’s so nervous but he keeps a cool head because he’s not the one PUSHING A HUMAN OUT OF HIMSELF
- Is taking deep breaths to keep himself calm
- Will massage your back, distract you with multiple topics, gently kisses your hand to calm you down.
- Is too nauseous to cut the umbilical cord.
- Kentin has a 50/50 chance of having a boy or girl
- When he first holds his baby he’s the only one of the guys to actually cry. Not just a few tears. They are actually dropping onto the floor. He just loves them so freaking much and he wants to give them the damn universe.
- He’ll kiss his baby’s head and let them grab his finger, which he loves
- If the baby opens their eyes he cries even more because “Oh my god they’re so cute.”
- The baby does in fact look a lot like you and he loves it. Two very beautiful people in his life now.
- May or may have not tasted baby food once or twice (and kind of liked it)
- Constantly walking around with baby puke on his shirt because he’s too busy taking care of them to care.
- Really bad at putting them to sleep, but once they’re out he just likes to hold and snuggle with them.
- Secretly feeds them cookies when they get little bigger
- One of those dads to take a bath with their kid
and make bubble beards.
- Always buying toys for them, but he really needs
to stop cause they already have way too many
- Gets himself a dog tag made with the baby’s name on it