I’ve become obsessed with the idea of FAHC!Ryan getting called for jury duty.
Like pick your favorite reason that he gets that summons in the mail. Maybe it’s the really convincing tax returns for one of his fake identities that Gavin created. Personally, I really like the idea that even as a criminal Ryan is still an upstanding citizen who’s made sure to register to vote in Los Santos. So Ryan gets his summons and runs to the crew, ready to demand (or have Lindsay or Geoff demand) that Gavin hacks the system to get him out of it.
So of course the second he goes to complain to Lindsay about it they get the word that Michael’s case didn’t get excused at pre-trial like they had planned. Lindsay makes the executive decision that, instead of just breaking him out of prison, the best way to make this go away is for the jury to find Michael not guilty.
Which means Ryan gets stuck playing nice all through the entire trial process. There was an outfit montage where Lindsay, Mica, and Meg went through Ryan’s closet to pick out the least threatening outfit they can for the city’s most notorious killer to wear to court. (It was surprisingly easy and they all agreed how disturbing it was to see the Vagabond in wireless glasses and a frumpy dad suit).
When it comes to the actual trial Ryan really has things cut out for him. Michael is so obviously guilty that Ryan honestly can’t believe they bothered with a trial. He didn’t know it was even possible to leave that much evidence when you blew up a building.
And it’s 11 to Ryan’s 1 when they go back to deliberate and he’s forced to use every ounce of charm he has to convince the other eleven people in that room the cherub faced kid who looked like he was wearing his dad’s suit couldn’t possibly be the same person who blew up the westbound bridge. It took two full eight hour days before they finally came back with a vote of not guilty.
Ryan insisted his code name be Henry Fonda for their next heist.
“As he pulls out his wallet to show them “facts”, out flies a picture of him with his son. He threatens everyone that he will not be intimidated. He glances at the picture, painfully rages at his own family’s relationships and his own sense of guilt, and tears the photograph to shreds. Broken and contrite, Juror # 3 sobs into his contorted fist: “Not guilty. Not guilty.”
↳ I don’t know what’s going to happen. I’m flavor of the month at the moment, but somebody else is going to roll around the corner in three months’ time. I just want to keep working. I can’t stop! You know it’s funny. I could just be another starving actor. So, if someone were to pull the plug and it all suddenly ended, there’d be no room for complaint.“
His crown lit up the way as we moved slowly Past the wondering eyes of the ones that were left behind Though far away, though far away, though far away We’re still the same, we’re still the same, we’re still the same
This is a quiet, frightened, insignificant old man who has been nothing all his life - who has never had recognition - or his name in the newspapers. Nobody knows him. Nobody quotes him. Nobody seeks his advice after seventy-five years. Gentlemen, that’s a very sad thing to be nothing. A man like this needs to be quoted, to be listened to, to be quoted just once - very important to him…He wouldn’t really lie. But perhaps he made himself believe that he heard those words and recognized the boy’s face.
Okay so now that the season finale has aired and we have all had at least a little bit of time to think it through, I decided to start this positivity post for Season 12 because I don’t know about you guys but I am SO EXCITED about Season 12 I cannot even begin to describe how excited I am. So I’m writing a wishlist instead which anyone is free to add onto:
1. Castiel gets his emotional arc resolved - This is a big one. As a Cas girl I was left unsatisfied with Castiel’s arc this season, HOWEVER, we KNOW from previous Dabb episodes that he loves to explore Castiel’s emotional story and I have no doubt that this will continue into season 12. Our angel still has a story ahead of him (hopefully ending in the love of a certain green eyed hunter.)
2. SUPERBRITISH - I am not going to stop going on about this. This is my land, My green and (fairly) pleasant land. The British are coming to Supernatural and I cannot stop being excited about it. Can I please have ALL the TFW in London head canons please? From traffic jams and silly accents to discovering the glory that is a bacon roll from Gregs on a Sunday morning whilst suffering a horrendous hangover.
3. Awesome female characters continuing to kick ass - I adored the use of female characters in the finale. They all lived, no one female was a sexy lamp (sadly that role was given to Castiel) and no one got forced into unnecessary make out sessions. The women are smart, sarcastic badass queens who will RULE this show come October, and I for one, cannot wait.
4. Men of Letters vs Grand Coven - Yes this is a big one and I am hoping is the main story arc going forward into season 12. I want to see more of the Grand Coven of witches and their European battle with the Men of Letters. I am expecting more awesome women kicking ass thanks to this potential storyline.
5. Mother Mary and family time - Mary’s reveal was pretty amazing especially since I think we were all expecting it to just be her ghost or a vision or something, but nope, Mummy Winchester is back on the scene and I can’t even begin to imagine what they are planning to do with this. All I am hoping for is that Mary’s influence will help Dean to accept certain parts of him that he loves to keep repressed (effeminophobia and his bisexuality being the big ones). Mary coming back will hopefully start to truly break down and destroy John Winchester’s toxic influence over his sons. I also really really want her to meet Cas and say the words “Thank you for watching over my son.” YES.
6. Sam gets some distance from Dean, some other friends, maybe a girl, and definitely a dog - I think it is safe to say that Sam isn’t dead. Probably just shot in the arm or leg or something. I want him to be taken to England by Lady T and face the Men of Letters. I hope that they will warm to Sam (and his wonderful moose charms) and that Sam will get to bond with his British companions away from Dean (because Dean always steals the side characters away and bonds with them more than Sam ever does - except for Eileen). Maybe there could even be love in the future for Sam - either by bringing back Eileen or developing a decent and believable relationship between Sam and Lady T (I don’t want her forced into the love interest role, I think she is far too good for that already, but if she becomes a regular throughout the season like Rowena is then potentially a relationship could blossom slowly between them. It could work. I have been hoping for love for Sam for some time now and I can see the potential in this).
7. Lady T is a well developed, fully rounded, likeable character and not a sexy lamp or boring love interest - I already love her. I want to know more about her, her motivations, her back story, how she became a woman of letters, I want her to be a worthy adversary to the Winchesters before becoming a trustworthy ally. I want her to continue to take none of their shit, to put them in their place and therefore earn their respect. I also really want to see her face of with Rowena. That would be awesome. England vs Scotland right there! Potentially I would accept her becoming a love interest to Sam only if it was done right. If it was done in the subtext throughout the season and is only a very very tiny part of the storyline. It would have to be major slow burn. No forced kisses like in CACW (did you guys see that? what the fuck was that?). Only then, would I accept any sort of romantic sub-plot between characters.
8. More screen time for Dean and Cas = DESTIEL - Well obviously. It wouldn’t be a proper supernatural wishlist if it didn’t have Destiel written in big letters somewhere now would it? After all the build up in Season 11 in the subtext I am still convinced that this is going somewhere. The season finale has NOT destroyed my positivity at all. In fact it has only added to it. (come ask me about it if you want more info). At the end of the day, Dean and Cas are going to have to save Sam. This means spending time together trying to FIND Sam in a completely unknown city (hence my excitement over them renting a car and getting stuck on the M25 before ending up lost in somewhere like Surrey… Oh the fanfiction potential! I can practically taste it! I have faith in Dabb to bring us more destiel moments. he has always been good to us.
9. Following on from the above… HUNTER CAS - Dabb brought us the wonderful episode Hunteri Heroci which had Cas try out his hunting skills (and save the day I might add). We know Dabb loves Cas. I have every reason to believe that Cas will get more time as a Hunter. I want him in MOTW episodes. He will be soooo good in MOTW episodes please please PLEASE let this happen! (especially if the MOTW episodes are set in BRITAIN because the boys are still out there dealing with the MOL and the Grand Coven…. I see them dealing with ghosts that are 1000 years old and haunting freaking castles… it will be glorious.)
Makes me want more witches doing ridiculous things to the boys. Give me ACTUAL MOOSE SAM WINCHESTER PLEASE! Give me the kind of silly witch stories we have been reading about in fanfics for far too long… come on show, its season 12! What have you got to loose?
11. Beach Episode - This is purely for @elizabethrobertajones. Maybe once they are done in Britain, they’ll head off to the med for a true European beach experience… They’ll be fine as long as they have Cas with them. He speaks all the languages. He can order the cocktails and ice creams. ;-)
Feel free to add onto the wishlist! I would love to know what everyone else is hoping for in the new season!!