could I have some hcs for ma boys Jesse, Jack, Gabe and Hanzo taking care of an injured or sick reader? like reader really wants to go out again but they haven't fully recovered yet? (I know this is basic af but I'm a sucker for these)
No worries, dear Anon, we are suckers for this kind of requests too, we won’t judge! xD
- You got sick with a bad case of a cold that refused to go away and had been bothering you for almost two weeks now. Knowing how highly contagious a cold tends to be, you told Jesse to stay as far away from you as physically possible; he had various tasks to take care of and couldn’t allow himself to get sick because of an impending mission. Did that stop him? No. Could he care any less? No.
- He desperately wanted to take care of you and refused to leave your side for more than a few minutes at a time even though you kept reassuring him that it was a simple cold that should be gone within the next few days. He wouldn’t have any of it; to him, this illness could have put your life at stake. He made sure that you got the best treatment possible, he also took off his serape and wrapped it around you to make sure you wouldn’t get too cold (though you had already been wrapped in roughly three blankets).
- This man needs a lot of affection and you soon realized that a cold didn’t stop him from claiming it. You tried to tell him to stay away from you but he kept going in for kisses and cuddles, not caring that he risked his own health in the process.
- He even risked getting into a huge argument with Gabe by not showing up to training a few times and instead preparing some soup for you. It just proved how dedicated he is.
(Gabe would have given him some time off, he’s not that heartless, but since Jesse never actually asked, the cowboy had to prepare for a lot of extra work.)
- Since lying in bed all day got boring quickly, you decided to leave your room and at least get some kind of snack even though you still felt like you were about to faint at any moment. You prayed that you wouldn’t run into your boyfriend but, of course, destiny always brought you two together. He seemed a little shocked to see you out of bed, walking around tiredly and grabbing the kitchen counter for support.
“This ain’t yer bed, sugar. I could have brought ya that cereal bar, ya know?”
He quickly led you back to your room and made sure you didn’t leave that mattress for the next few hours, at least not without his aid.
- Remember how you told him not to get too close to you? Guess who got sick the day you fully recovered. You’ll be passing that cold back and forth for ages if you don’t keep him away!
- He truly wanted to help you when you got sick with the stomach flu, honestly, but this man was just so extremely busy due to his position. The least he tried to do was send others, preferably Ana, to frequently check up on you. He also called a lot to make sure you were resting properly and send some words of comfort.
- When he noticed your condition slightly worsening, he immediately canceled as many meetings as he possibly could to be with you more, he started to worry too much and wouldn’t have been able to concentrate properly anyway. Jack took some of his paperwork with him to finish it in your room to keep you company and let Gabe and Ana handle training the new recruits. Of course, he wasn’t able to spend all his time by your side but he tried his hardest to pass as much of his work as possible to others.
- Though he craved affection and attention as much as Jesse did, he knew how important it was that he didn’t get sick; the strike commander being away for even a few days might have resulted in a disaster. He did give you a comforting pat on the back once in a while, but sadly, he wouldn’t get any closer than that. Hugs and kisses would have been pretty problematic with the stomach flu anyway.
- His mom taught him how to help with stomach problems by using some home remedies. He got you some snacks that didn’t cause your stomach too much discomfort and made sure you always drank enough.
- He always held your hair back for you if it got in your way whenever your stomach rioted and you came face to face with the toilet bowl.
- Of course, the stomach flu had hit you right before a mission that you had been looking forward to for ages. You might have been able to recover until it started but you still missed out on a significant amount of training. So you tried making your way over to the training facility without running into him but in the end, you did bump right into Jack when rounding a corner in one of the many hallways. He looked at you in confusion for a few seconds, processing the situation until he scowled at you, grabbed you by the wrist and gently guided you back to your room.
He had already assigned someone else to that mission but promised to soon give you a similar one.
Jack also took that day off to watch you and make sure you didn’t get any other stupid ideas.
- You were a little clumsy; everyone knew that very well, so it didn’t come as a surprise when you broke your ankle during a mission after tripping over a branch in the forest. Other than that, you were perfectly fine, no bruises or anything. Gabe didn’t seem too worried; your injury wasn’t life-threatening, he just kept telling you that you should have been more careful of your surroundings.
- He also turned out to be a teasing asshole about it.
You want a hug? Stand up and get it.
You need some water? What a shame the kitchen is so far away.
However, as soon as you did stand up to get what you wanted, he freaked out, reminding you that he was only joking and that you had to sit back down and rest immediately.
- He was actually worrying a lot more than he would have liked to admit, he kept reminding himself that you would be recovering quickly. Still, when he was at work or training with the Blackwatch members, he was always on edge, couldn’t wait to finally check up on you and make sure everything was alright.
Gabe ordered McCree and Genji around to bring you water, a meal, another pillow, or anything else you requested when he was too busy.
- After finishing work, he immediately went over to your room, checking if you needed anything. As he saw you walking around, limping to the door to get some fresh air and finally move your limbs a little, he swiftly picked you up and put you into your bed again. He kept asking way too many questions. Have you eaten anything yet? Did you drink enough water? Was your foot still hurting a lot? Did you need painkillers?
You had to reassure him that you were fine; it was just a broken ankle and not the end of the world. He must have completely forgotten about your injury not being life-threatening.
- Of course, Angela had given you crutches so it wasn’t like you couldn’t walk or at least hop around the headquarters on your own, yet Gabe didn’t let you go anywhere without supervision.
You could have tripped and gotten hurt even worse, there was no way he was risking that.
You thought reminding him that you were a grown adult able to take care of yourself helped? Nope, nice try though.
- After practicing your puppy eyes for a while, you actually got him to carry you around, preferably by giving you a piggyback ride. Gabe might have sent death glares to the people throwing comments about him going soft but he actually enjoyed it. A lot.
- You almost got shot during a mission, the bullet only grazed your side in the end but it still left a nasty wound. When Hanzo found out about your injury, he completely freaked out on the inside but was able to conceal his panic pretty well.
- He was extremely careful, rejecting any kind of physical contact, afraid of hurting you even though you kept insisting that it barely hurt anymore and it shouldn’t have been a problem at all. Still, he refused to get too close to you, worried that he wouldn’t be able to stop himself after initiating anything. He was scared that any movement might have resulted in your wound starting to bleed again.
- Hanzo followed you around almost everywhere, almost every time, watching you closely. He kept an eye on you to make sure you didn’t strain yourself and didn’t do anything reckless that might have caused your wound to open.
- He was also extremely observant. If you were still hurting but trying to play it cool, he knew. You tried to hide your pain but he always found out, immediately coming to your side as soon as you winced only slightly, barely visible to anyone else.
- He kept asking if he could help you with any tasks or bring you food or drinks while also asking you to please just lie down and rest. He aided you with every single thing, even the easiest tasks that you could have finished by yourself without any problems.
Hanzo wanted to make sure that there was no way you could hurt your side, he couldn’t stand seeing you in pain. You didn’t mind doing any of your chores, you needed some movement but you decided not to complain.
- You decided to go to the training room one night, secretly, having had enough of this confinement to your bed. Hanzo almost got a heart attack when he found your side of the bed empty at midnight but had a feeling you went out to train. He probably would have done the same.
After he found you carefully practicing some basic moves he started to scold you but soon composed himself. He then proceeded to gently wrap his arms around you, careful not to get too close to your injury, and begged you not to make him worry like that again. After seeing that you were able to do some simple training without being in pain, he allowed you to do more things on your own again, still keeping a close eye on you, of course.