(Movies) Though its appearance is still impressive considering it has yet to be released, The Shape of Water drips twelve spots to No. 18.
(Music) Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah! Gaga oh-la-la! Lady Gaga is No. 20. :(
(K-Pop) NCT Dream is living a nightmare, barely hanging in there at No. 19.
Hey, baby. There ain’t no easy way out.
Even if Tom Petty (No. 3) wasn’t your choice of music, chances are he was playing in the background at different points in your life. Free Fallin’ as your parents drive you to school. American Girl on the radio at the pool, just barely loud enough to hear over splashing and laughing and whistles and yelling. Mary Jane’s Last Dance being covered by a local band in a local dive bar the night you turned 21. Wildflowers stuttering from a static-filled FM station in a beat-up ‘02 Buick on a day you were feeling good and the sun was out. Wildflowers stuttering from a static-filled FM station the first time you got dumped.
He gave us the greatest gift a musician could give his audience. He gave us a soundtrack to our memories. Thank you, Tom Petty.
Hi lovelies! I’m happy to announce my latest giveaway! I’d like to thank all of my wonderful and supportive followers, you all mean so much to me!
Items: - two beautiful quartz crystal obelisks - one blue sage bundle - one citrine obelisk - one copy of wreck this journal - two amethyst wands - one silver & amethyst point pendant - one wooden incense holder - 20 sticks of Wild Berry Incense (10 tranquility, 10 sensuality) - one bag of your favorite candy :-)
Giveaway Rules: - you must be 18 years old or have parent/guardian permission - you must be following me - if you win, you must be willing to give me your address - no giveaway blogs - you can reblog as many times as you like, each one counts as an entry, but please be courteous and don’t spam your followers - likes can be used to bookmark this post, but not as an entry - giveaway ends on march 31st, 2017 - following my instagram @thenotoriousroz counts as two entries, please message me if you follow so i can keep a list!
Thank you so much for entering, good luck! If you have any questions at all please message me.
I’ve been contemplating this a lot for a little while now, and I’ve finally decided that I’m going to go through with it! I’m going through with giving away a copy of the limited edition Journal 3 (blacklight), due to the celebration of all you lovely people out there who follow my blog (all 13k+ of you! Thank you so much!), and just the fandom in general for being fantastic! And I know that many are really wanting to have a copy, but the price is really high to buy one. So, I thought: why not give one to a fellow faller for free and bring some joy?
I’m still working out some stuff (I have a copy pre-ordered already since October/November, but I’m not sure if changing addresses and all will make me lose the pre-order so I may have to re-send the journal out to the winner. Which I probably will just stick with that since it’s gonna be a while before I announce the winner of the giveaway. And who knows if there will be copies left to order by then. But that’ll just let me make sure the journals in a good condition before I send it back out, I guess?).
• You must reblog to enter! You can reblog up to 5 times, and please be courteous of your followers! (No likes will count, sorry. Reblogs only.)
• 1 (ONE) winner will be selected for the giveaway. Just one, and no more.
• At the moment I will only be shipping the journal to residents in either the US or Canada, due to high shipping costs (especially since this journal will weigh more, it’ll definitely cost more to ship out of the country…but things may change in the future, as you have over a month to enter the giveaway.) I’m sorry, but I’ll already be spending so much on the journal, and with shipping it’ll be even more (especially as a college student who should be saving their money for tuition…but I really want to give away a copy!)
• Giveaway ends on March 31st, 2017 at 7:59 pm EST.
• Winner will be chosen by a random number generator on after March 31st, 2017 at 8:00 pm EST. I will be announcing the winner sometime afterwards (no later than April 1st due to conflicting plans). So again, you’ll have until 7:59 pm EST on the 31st to get your entries in!
• Winner MUST be 18+, or must have parent permission to give me your address so the journal can be sent to you.
• You don’t have to follow me, but it’s encouraged. I’m a blog with Gravity Falls content, so feel free to follow if you want to!
• If you’re not entering and just want to signal boost, feel free to tag your reblog with #no entry and you will not be entered. Though if you want to enter for someone else that’s fine — just make sure they’re fine with giving me their address!
• Winner will have 48 hours to answer back. If no reply, I will pick another winner.
this summer is a great opportunity to glow up on the asses of those who have slept on you. Hope everyone has an amazing come back and that you all get that “ they got hot this summer”
1. drink plenty of water: i know that this is any every “tips post” but it’ll help you maintain a beautiful complexion, fresh breath, help with weight loss, and so so so much more
2. coconut oil: this is the shit! use it for your hair, your face, your legs ….everything.
3.exercise: do your squats, eat healthy food. best form of revenge is a super hot body.
4. post so many selfies on social media …. make sure the photos are super dope and look very luxurious and mysterious and fancy and work on getting more followers. i suggest you look through Russian Instagram to find poses and study selfie angles.
5. have a stunning wardrobe: you don’t need lots of money to dress like you’re rich. it’s all about how you combine your clothes together. chose neat, fshionable clothes. velvet is really in this year and so are lace up dresses and t-shirts. Asos has a very wide range of trendy clothes and it’s not too expensive. You also get 10% off if you’re a student. /p>
6.read and watch lots of movies: get educated and informed over the summer. feed your soul with sophistication. read philosophical books or whatever kind you like . watch old movies.
7. step OUT of your comfort zone: don’t go to bed unless you’ve done something each day that you have never done before. it’ll be a great
t boost for your self confidence. i promise!
8.go out, have fun, takes lots of pictures and post them. it doesn’t have to cost much, a simple trip to the beach will do .. just flash that hot hot summer body.
9. be humble, but still, let those bitches know.
10. meet new people and post selfies with them.
11. get a haircut or change your haircut or whatever as long as you change something, have a makeover.
12. do weekly DIY spa days: you can make your own pedi, amni, body scrub, facial masks with ingredients from your kitchen.
13.take good good care of yourself and make sure you’re stress free and happy.
14.stay away from people who make you feel like shit.
15. avoid seeing your fake friends and stick to the passive agressive braging snapchat/IG routine.
16.gloooooow from the inside out.
17. if you have super dry hair and split ends like me, for the love of whatever you believe in just ditch the hair Iron and hair curler and blow dryer…these are the enemy..I know it’s super hard to do especially if you always style your hair with heat but try to find an alternative and only use heat once a week if you must.
18. You should probably consult with your doctor(don’t do this if you’re pregnant/breastfeeding/allergic) …I take biotin once a day and honestly my fingernails grow like crazy and they are super strong and long so I don’t put on acrylics…it’s also good for your hair and metabolism.
19. dry hair ? almond oil and jojoba oil
itchy scalp/dandruff ? add a few drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo
dull hair ? Mayo .
and anything can be solved with coco oil.
20. tea tree oil is a must for clearing ur acne.
21. soak your feet in baking soda and water and then use a pumic stone to remove dead skin cells.
22. for a deep cleansing mask I mix 1 tablespoon of clay with a few drops of tea tree oil and a tablespoon of cold water. If you have dry skin don’t use tea tree oil and add jojoba oil instead of water.
23.moisturize your face twice a day after cleaning with grapeseed oil.
24. for #teamnosleep.. if you have dark circles apply a mask from coffee grinds and almond oil twice a day then rinse witb cold water and moisturize with a good (preferably natural) eye cream.
25. strech marks ? I’ve got the holy grail.
if you have a coffee machine you can reuse the capsules/grinded coffee by emptying it to a container, adding brown sugar and a bit of sesame oil/coconut oil and mix …voila …you have your DIY coffee scrub.
leave on for 10 minutes in the shower and use everyday and you will notice your skin begining to repair itself.
26. Your fake friends are treating you like crap and are forgetting your worth?
you are a goddess, you do not deserve to be slept on or even minorly disrespected. Don’t you ever forget that. You should not feel like shit when you are champagne in a crystal glass and they are lukewarm piss in a plastic cup.
do not send them messages wondering why they have changed or start a fight or even send them an angry text, they’ll think they have a worth and actually mean something to you. instead, you ignore them so hard they will even begin doubting their own existence and yet keep posting pics of yourself having fun ( or pretending to have fun) abd be all bougie and uninterested.
send me your glow up pics dolls and send me more tips🖤🖤
Hello hello!!! o3o To celebrate having a whopping 15,000+ followers, I am setting up a giveaway! >w< There will be one grand prize winner and 2 runners up! The grand prize winner with receive
A Victuri and Otayuri 3 inch Acrylic Standee (valued at 30 dollars)
Their choice of an 11x17 poster (value of 20 dollars)
Their choice of an 8.5x11 print or a postcard (Value of 10 dollars)
The two runners up will receive
Their choice of an 11x17 poster (value of 20 dollars)
Here are the rules! :D
1) You must be 18 years or older and a resident of the United States (as per tumblr giveaway rules) 2) You DON’T need to reblog or like (although I’m always happy if you want to spread the word ^w^), but you must be a FOLLOWER to win! 3) Leave a REPLY in this post to enter! (you can just say, “I want to enter!” or something XD i.e.
This contest is open for 1 week!
(4/22 to 4/29 at 11:59 PM) This is a lottery style giveaway, so, the winners will be randomly chosen from all who enter and qualify ^w^
SOME EXAMPLES OF POSTERS
SOME EXAMPLES OF POSTCARDS/8.5 X 11
SO THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL BEING SUCH AWESOME FOLLOWERS, YOU ALL ROCK!!! ;;
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask me :D This giveaway is not associated with tumblr
Thank you so much everyone for 1.5k! It may not seem like a whole lot to other people, but to me, the support and love I’ve gotten from you guys has been huge. I never dreamed that turning into a positive blog would gain so much so quickly. So thanks to you guys, this lil artist is giving away one of my hand painted planting pots, plus a bunch of goodies from my childhood! Winner takes all, and winner will be randomly generated :’)
• One hand painted van gogh Starry Night planting pot (its about 4 inches high) plus a cute lil catcher dish for underneath :’)
• One package of hello panda chocolate biscuit treats!
• One package of strawberry gummy candy (they’re gluten free!)
• One package of matcha green tea flavored pocky!
• One package of botan rice candy!
• Must be following me (I will be checking)
• Reblog this post as many times as you want!
• No giveaway blogs please
• If you’re the winner, you’ll have to give me your address so I can ship the package to you
• If between ages of 13-18, must have parental permission.
• Follow me on instagram (peachy_gogh, there’s also a link in my description)
• Follow my art instagram, takerootandsprout.
• Message me that you’ve done these extra entries
i’ve been talking about doing this giveaway forever, while its finally here. 6,000 of you are crazy enough to be following me and i want to show how much i appreciate you guys, you all rock so here we go.
A mini blank journal for your own personal use. Start a pocket grimoire, tarot journal, whatever you want!
A Two Pack of sharpie pens to use in your new journal!
A twelve pack of crystal chips, including; citrine, onyx, tigers eye, amethyst, adventurine, red agate, clear quartz, rose quartz, peridot, garnet, bamboo coral, magnesite. Great for spell jars
a large chunk of Crystal Quartz from an amazing crystal shop in canada
a raw amethyst keychain from Gemstar Crystal Shop in Enfield NH
You must be 18+ to enter, not negotiable. No it doesnt matter if you get your parents permission, i will not get in trouble for sending stuff to minors
Must be following me, i WILL check
Sadly i can only ship to the US or Canada. (you need to be willing to share your address with me)
Do Not Tag as Giveaway, tumblr WILL take it down, do not reblog to giveaway blogs
Only Reblogs count as entries, i will be using a random number generator to pick the winner so you can enter as many times as you want just please dont spam your blog with it, one reblog a day is way more than enough.
There is only one Prize Pack, therefore i will only be picking one name. The winner with have 24 hours to respond, after that a new winner will be picked, sorry you had your chance.
Giveaway will end at 12am EST Sept 4th when i get back from Chicago
This giveaway is in no way affiliated with tumblr. The prizes equal to about $50 plus the cost of shipping. any information shared between the winner and myself will remain private, this includes names and addresses.
this is a big thank you to everyone who is following / will be following me! i am about to hit my 50k milestone so to celebrate i wanted to do a giveaway, since fifty is too close this is for 60k! if you have any questions please message me!
HEARTWOOD: Non-binary Tales of Sylvan Fantasy is the newest anthology from P&M Press.
Across time and cultures, humanity has spun tales about the forest: tales of caution, adventure, rites of passage, and discovery. Some of those stories persist as the folklore and fairy tales that delight our imaginations today, and the forest remains a symbol for facing the unknown and emerging transformed.
This anthology is for everyone who’s walked through the undergrowth, in the silence of nature, and longed for an adventure of their own to unfold. These stories of modern-day sylvan fantasy will showcase the best non-binary cartoonists of our day, guiding characters like us into the woods and back again.
Submissions will be open to the public from October 16th - November 13th. (A line-up of preselected creators will also be unveiled throughout this period!)
Who Can Participate
We want submissions from people who identify as nonbinary, genderqueer, agender, bigender, neutrois, twospirit, genderfluid, demigender, trans femme or trans masc, and other genders outside the “man or woman” binary.
For team submissions, at least the writer must meet the above criteria. If two submissions are equally matched, the all non-binary team will be prioritized. Use #TeamHeartwood (Tumblr or Twitter) to find teammates!
All contributors must be 18 years or older. All content must be suitable for readers as young as 14 years old.
Comics from 4 - 12 pages long
6” x 9” trim size (template provided)
Black & White or Grayscale (no screentones please)
Selection Process (October 2017 - December 2017)
Project Announcement - 2 weeks
Open Submissions - 4 weeks
Final Selection - 2 weeks
Work Period (December 2017 - July 2018)
Creator Portraits - 1 week
Script + Thumbnails - 8 weeks
Pencils - 10 weeks
Inks - 6 weeks
Grayscale - 6 weeks
Letters - 2 weeks
Bios - 1 week
Kickstarter (Fall 2018)
Contributors to our first anthology were paid $100/page plus Kickstarter bonuses. In keeping with P&M Press’ founding goal of increasing pay with each successive campaign, HEARTWOOD contributors will be compensated at $105/page plus any Kickstarter bonuses.
Contributors also receive a minimum of 10 complimentary copies of the anthology, royalties on all digital sales, and royalties on any print runs of the anthology after the first printing sells out.
Creators will cede exclusive first worldwide print and digital rights to their stories for a full calendar year from the date of publication, and non-exclusive worldwide print and digital rights in perpetuity. Ownership remains with the creators.
What We Want
Previously unpublished stories.
Forests. Jungles. Decaying structures reclaimed by nature. Trees, trees, and - oh yeah - more trees! Deep, lush settings that have character. (If you absolutely hate drawing backgrounds/characters interacting with their environment, you may want to sit this one out.)
At least one protagonist must be non-binary.
At least one non-binary protagonist must be human (they can be half magical-species-you-made-up, but their gender should not be portrayed as a “fantastical” result of that).
Stories set now-ish (a hard date isn’t necessary, but keep the human fashion and any tech to post-1990 and pre-2030).
Movement from one space to another (entering, leaving, traveling), literally and/or metaphorically.
Personified aspects of the natural world (e.g. whispering winds, walking plants, talking animals, etc).
Original fantastical creatures/beings.
Discovery and Understanding.
Tests (of will, wits, ethics, etc).
Person Allied With Nature.
A spirit of adventure!
What We DON’T Want
No fan works. No auto-bio. No prose. No one-off illustrations.
Stories that basically amount to “protagonist realizes they are non-binary and explains gender to the other characters/the reader.” Your character can come to understand their gender better by the end of the story, but there should be a plot beyond that.
Meet-cutes. (“Two people meet and crush at first sight, the end.”)
Horror: this includes horror tropes, body horror, classic horror monsters like werewolves or vampires, popular cryptids/urban legends like Slender Man or the Jersey Devil, and so on. Your story can use fear and danger as plot elements, but if instilling fear/existential dread in the reader is the overarching theme, this is the wrong anthology.
Tolkienian fantasy: no elves, dwarves, orcs, etc. We won’t freak out if you make something up that’s very loosely(!) inspired by any of these (unless it replicates the problematic elements of Tolkien’s work, in which case your work will not be accepted).
Cursing is permitted as long as words aren’t used literally (i.e. “Shit, you scared me!” as opposed to “Let’s go shit in the woods!”) and are used very sparingly when used at all. In general, we’d prefer not.
No porn. No references to specific sexual acts. No explicit nudity whether sexual or non-sexual (sorry, folks). “Consensual fade-to-black sex between legal adults” is fine.
No depictions of abuse (sexual, physical, psychological) whether pictorial or written. Characters may vaguely reference (in non-graphic language) abuse that they have suffered in the past if doing so serves the story or is integral to the character (i.e. maybe the story is about a survivor working on their agoraphobia by going on what they believe will be a brief, non-magical hike…).
No gore. People can get hurt, bleed, die, etc, but not in a grossly over-the-top way that fetishizes violence.
No slurs, no racism (not even “fantasy racism”), no misogyny, no transphobia, no ableism, no xenophobia, no white supremacist nonsense in general. (And please, no stories whose sole purpose is to teach that these things are bad.)
Ready? Here’s How To Pitch
Send us an email at email@example.com with the subject line “Heartwood Pitch” that includes the following information/attachments:
The name, pronouns, and role of everyone on your team (or just yourself for solo submissions). Give the name(s) you want used during communications with you, marketing of your contribution, and credits in the book (even if those are all different).
A working title and page count for your comic (doesn’t have to be exact).
A synopsis of your story, including a beginning, middle, and end. Spoil everything, but try to keep it under 500 words.
Preliminary sketches associated with your pitch: character ideas, important creature designs, environment concepts (the latter is especially important if your portfolio lacks strong examples of background art), etc. These don’t need to be final or polished pieces! Just detailed enough to give us an idea.
Links to any relevant publishing credits (whether you’re writing the comic, drawing it, lettering it, or doing everything yourself). Self-published works and webcomics count as credits! Choose examples that best reflect the style you intend to use for this comic. You may simply include a link to your portfolio if you have no pre-existing credits, but please note that folks with sequential storytelling examples will receive preference.
Tell us about yourself, your cultural and artistic background, and why you want to be in HEARTWOOD. Short and sweet is best!
Check out the FAQ. If your answer isn’t there, Ask away!
well.. I’m not exactly at 7000 yet, but close enough and I’m too excited to wait to post this!!
I have been trying to do a giveaway forever now, but college kept me too busy. Finals are done, I’m moved out, and Summer is here! I have two prizes to give away. Both feature decks that I hold dear, but just do not click with me. I’d love to find them new homes!
The Tarot of the Hidden Realm, a gorgeous fae deck with amazing art. It is perfect for communicating with the fair folk and for divination in general.
A wooden deck box ft. a hand carved faery star.
A amethyst cluster
A quartz point
A tumbled rainbow moonstone
The Fantastical Creatures Tarot, a wonderful deck featuring mythical and magickal creatures!
A drawstring deck bag (not pictured)
A sodalite tumbled stone
A pink dyed quartz point
A tumbled coprolite stone, perfect for animal magic! It goes with the deck theme well :)
This is a giveaway for my followers, so you must be following me @witchy-oates to enter.
You must be 18+ or have a guardian’s permission to enter.
This is an international giveaway, but I can only provide free shipping to US residents. Those outside of the US will have to pay shipping costs only.
Only reblogs count as entries. You can reblog as much as you want, but do not spam your followers with reblogging. It’s annoying and I’ll notice.
Do not tag this as “giveaway”. Tumblr might delete it and you’ll ruin the fun for everyone.
The winners must respond within 24 hours with their shipping addresses or I will have to redraw the winners.
If you enter from a sideblog, please let me know with the reply function and tell me your main.
No giveaway blogs.
This giveaway ends on 6/6/2017 at 11:59 EST, a month from being posted!
This is a sci-fi mystery/horror about a science project with dark secrets, a biochemist with melancholic tendencies, and the mysterious notes of a lost scientist, set on research cruise many miles away from land. Also featuring: corporate espionage, loss, morality, and close encounters of the eldritch kind.
1) You must be over 18 by the time auditions close (March 1st). No if, no buts. No “but I’m almost 18!!”. This is a Procyon-wide policy that we will not budge on.
2) Upload your audition file. We prefer Dropbox or Google Drive, but any hosting site is fine. Please name your file Character Name [Your Name]. Please also state your name before reading.
3) Fill in this Google Form.(Now closed) Note that we don’t require you to have professional setup to do this - that’s what our Kickstarter is for! Once recording starts, we’ll provide professional mics if you don’t have your own.
If Google is not accessible where you live, you’re also welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (but only if Google isn’t accessible, please use the Google Form otherwise).
Auditions will run from Feb 15th to March 1st. Callbacks will be from March 4nd to March 10th.
You can audition for more than one role.
This is a paid gig. You’ll be paid $15/hr (or the equivalent in whichever currency you use) for each hour of recording. For now, the rehearsal time will not be paid.
Please signal boost, and follow this tumblr for more updates!