Festival season is right around the corner! Better start preparing!
Festival season is right around the corner! It’s my favorite time of the year. (: If
you’ve never been to a music festival where you camp and stay for a
week, I HIGHLY recommend it. It’s an incredible and life changing
experience. I’ve spent some time and have come up with a list of some
essentials to have for those who haven’t been or are going for
the first time. Although it says Electric Forest Essentials, most of
this stuff applies to all festivals. I hope you enjoy my list and that
it helps! Positive vibes to everyone. (:
Electric Forest Essentials
By: Isabel Leite
- $$$$$$ BRING MONEY $$$$$$
- *HYDRATION PACK* (any sort of backpack with the refillable water pack. STAY HYDRATED PLEASE)
- Disposable cameras (it’s super awesome when you get the pictures developed)
- Tapestry or sheet (wrap around the canopy sides to keep the sun out)
- *Shower bag*
- Small table (not necessary but it’s nice to have a place to roll and put food and things that you don’t want on the ground)
- Picnic blanket (or something big to lay down on the ground to sit on)
- Tent (duh)
- Sleeping bag
- Blankets (it gets COLD at night so bring warmer clothing too, *light jacket*)
- External battery pack for your phone
- Pipe, grinder, rolling papers,lighters
- Simple first aid kit
- Bug spray
- *Toilet paper*
- Facewash, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, hairbrush
- Tampons or pads (just in case)
- Hair ties and headbands
- Rain ponchos
- Glow sticks! (any glow toys/apparel you have too)
- Water bottles
- Gatorade or Powerade
- Food (we’re bringing mostly breakfast stuff and munchies for late at night. there’s lots of good food inside)
- ENO hammock (not essential but VERY recommended. doesn’t have to be ENO, just make sure it’s easy setup)
- Big 2 gallon bucket (this is ratchet and not necessary, but we used this to pee while at camp. for girls obviously: sitting on the bucket is easier and better than squatting on the ground and pissing all over your feet lol)
- Clothes: you can literally wear anything you want! Everyone is smelly and gross and on drugs, so nobody cares. I think it’s better to overpack and have too much than not have enough. Bring a swimsuit. Skimpier and breezy is better. It’s pretty hot during the day but it gets cold at night. Bring jackets, some pants, and long sleeves. Lots of underwear to help keep the stank to a minimum lol. I recommend making kandy to trade with other people.
- Drugs: it’s smarter to just bring lots of money and buy drugs there instead of bringing them. Seriously, there are A LOT of drugs there. It’s fine if you bring a lil bud for the trip, but don’t risk bringing too much because if you get pulled over THEY WILL SEARCH YOU. If you smoke in the car make sure to bring febreeze or ozium to get rid of the smell immediately.
- Stay low-key and don’t write on your car. The cops are on high alert on the way to the festival. Don’t make it apparent that you’re going to a drug festival lol. DON’T SPEED!!! Pack all your paraphernalia deep in your shit, the forest people kinda search before you go in the festival but not really. They won’t allow glass items in.
- Make sure to get there early! The earlier you get in line, the closer your campsite will be to the forest. That makes a HUGE difference when you’re walking back to camp tired as shit from dancing all day. Have a full tank of gas before you go in.
- If you forget or need anything,there’s a store in the forest with essential shit but it’s expensive. Usually you can literally ask any of your neighbors or anyone, and everyone is so nice and willing to share and help in every way possible.
- And most importantly, don’t forget to bring your positive vibes!