Teen Summit: They Know What Teens Like
RMA recently hosted teen programmers and the Museum Teen Summit, a group of teens from museum programs who presented their research on best practices in teen programs. They spent the summer researching what museums meant to them as teenagers, and shared their findings with the group. It made us think about what we liked about the RMA and why we have stayed for three years. Here are the reasons why:
- a feeling of community
- bonding over collaborative art
- supporting each other when we gave tours
- exploring the city together to make RMA connections outside of the museum
- discussing why art matters
- directly connecting with people from across the world through international exchanges
- we are constantly transformed by the art and each other
- We are all here because we want to be.
- “museum-loving teens are a minority in high schools”, said Maya, which is why it’s amazing to find a group with similar interests
What about you? What do you like about museum teen programs?