Yesterday was such a long day y'all, and I’m honestly just so glad I have C.
Ollie has his first cold and it’s killing me inside because he’s still laughing and smiling but his bitty nose is red and full of snot 😭😭
We were gifted the nose frida from a friend at Ollies baby shower and I thought, “uhh….this is gross. I don’t think we’ll ever use this”
How wrong I was 😩😩 this thing is amazing! We’ve been sucking mucus out for the last two days 😂 well, C’s been sucking mucus out. I guess my lungs aren’t strong enough lmao C was like “I’m so glad I exercise so much and I’ve never smoked so I can suck the snot out of my son’s nose.” 😂😂😂
Ollies been a little champ and I’m really hoping this goes away soon. Anyone have any tips for getting through the first cold? Besides keeping his nose clear, watching his temp, and letting the bathroom steam up and sitting in there with him? We’re giving him saline drops and so far he hasn’t had a fever so here’s hoping he doesn’t get worse 🤞🤞
1. Don’t knock it ’til you try it.
2. Send Thank You cards for every act of hospitality.
3. Travel light through life. Keep only what you need.
4. Put chocolate in your coffee, and twice as much when you miss me.
5. It’s okay to cry when you’re hurt. It’s also okay to smash things; but, wash your face, clean your mess, and get up off the floor when you’re done. You don’t belong down there.
6. Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul.
7. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
8. 5-second rule. It’s just dirt. There are worse things in a fast food cheeseburger.
9. Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is. Don’t confuse these.
10. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack your bag.
11. Never walk through an alley.
12. Be less sugar, more spice, and only as nice as you’re able to be without compromising yourself.
13. Can’t is a cop-out. Don’t want to is perfectly acceptable.
14. Hold your heroes to a high standard. Be your own hero.
15. If you can’t smile with your eyes, don’t smile. Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.
16. Never lie to yourself.
17. Your body, your rules. Own it.
18. If you have an opinion, you better know why.
19. Study your curiosities and practice your passions.
20. Give thanks to your beliefs daily.
21. Wish on stars and dandelions, then get to work.
22. Don’t skimp on good sheets.
23. Fall in love often. Particularly with ideas, art, music, literature, food and far-away, intriguing places.
24. Fall hard and forever in love with yourself…first.
25. Be compassionate. Be empathetic. Everyone has a story.
26. Say Please, Thank You, and Pardon Me, whenever the situation warrants it.
27. Reserve I’m sorry for when you truly are.
28. Naps are for grown-ups too.
29. Question everything except your own intuition.
30. You have enough. You are enough! ❤
Husband: Why’s he crying?
Me: He doesn’t want to eat corn for dinner.
Husband: Were you making corn?
Me: But to be clear, he will not be eating the corn that I am not making.
Husband: F corn.
Me: Damn straight.
I am not the type of mother who will force her children to get to know you.
If you don’t put any effort into knowing my child - you won’t know him. It’s very simple honestly & that applies to both “family & friends”
If you don’t ask about my child, I can guarantee you won’t hear anything about him from me.
It’s so easy for people to sit behind a phone or computer and type “oh he’s so cute.. too bad i won’t ever see him since you don’t bring him around” - oh and trust me that doesn’t make me feel anymore inclined to have him meet you than it did prior.
People that have made ZERO effort into knowing my child have the audacity to place blame and say “well you never bring him around” oh please - when have you ever asked to see him? I don’t do random pop-ups. We are fine at home.
The people that really care, and want to be around.. are around.
My child is surrounded by so much love, and has been since the day he was born.
He will continue to be surrounded with that same love, if not more.. regardless of your presence in his life.