I believe you mentioned an audio called Gallifrey that had Ace in it? Am I mistaken? If not, where can I find it?
Big Finish records Doctor Who audios with all the classic Who Doctor and companions they can get their hands on, and Sophie Aldred has been one of the most prolific audio companions. So there’s LOTS of them!
Big Finish Audios are entirely fan-supported; they pay for their equipment and for their actors by making and recording audios (as opposed to the TV show which has a budget paid by the BBC). However, Big Finish has kindly uploaded some of their older audios to Spotify, which you can listen to for free with a login registration.
Here’s a list of Ace stories in Big Finish’s audio catalog. I’ll note which ones are available on Spotify.
- 34 Main Range stories for Ace and the Seventh Doctor (so far). Main Range are full-cast dramas matching as closely as possible the style of the Who era they’re based in, complete with classic Who cliffhangers. I’ve reviewed and rated a fair number of ‘em.
- [[[[Free Main Range Ace stories on Spotify: The Fearmonger (excellent), The Genocide Machine (ok), The Shadow of the Scourge (ok), Dust Breeding (good), Colditz (good, with David Tennant), The Rapture (bad), The Dark Flame (meh), and Sophie plays an Ace-like character in the bizarre multiDoctor story Zagreus.]]]]
- 4 Lost Stories for Ace, finishing and dramatizing out the stories that were planned for the next season of Classic Who when it was cancelled.
- 4 Novel Adaptations, dramatizations of the most popular Who novels published during the wilderness years when the show was off the air.
- Sophie has narrated some Short Trips, which are audiobooks (some sound effects and music, but done as narration rather than performed “as live”). Originally, Short Trips were anthology short stories, each 15 minutes, bundled together in batches of eight, one for each Doctor. [Two anthologies are on Spotify: one, two]. More recently Short Trips have expanded to half-hour standalone audiobooks.
- Apparently Ace joins the Seventh Doctor for at least part of the UNIT: Dominion series? Haven’t heard it yet, but it’s [all on Spotify].
- Destiny of the Doctor 50th anniversary audiobook (every Doctor got one narrated by a companion, so of course Sophie did Seven). [All are on Spotify including Ace’s.]
- Light at the End was Big Finish’s classic Who 50th anniversary special which had every single classic Doctor (yes, 1-3 made cameos) plus companions from every era, including Ace getting to blow things up. Minor part because it was a lot of people to squeeze in.
- And yes, Ace joined season 8 of the ongoing Gallifrey political drama, but Gallifrey has an ongoing arc, and to some extent Ace does too — this is Ace after a lot of her Main Range adventures — so this probably isn’t the best place to start.
If you exhaust those on Spotify, it’s time to go to the Big Finish website and support them by purchasing more Ace audios. (Besides which, there’s recently been some Ace & Mel stories where they pick up Mel again, and they’re fun.)