The first thing the parents especially mums should be teaching their kids is TAWHEED.
These days people focus on teaching their kids ABCs, 123, animal names, nursery rhymes etc but they FAIL to teach them that which will save them from Hell fire - Tawheed.
Umm Sulaim (radiallaahu ‘anha) would teach her son Anas (radiallaahu 'anhu), saying:
“Say: 'Laa ilaaha il Allaah (none has the right to be worshipped in truth except Allaah).’
Say: 'Ash-hadu anna Muhammad Rasul-ullaah (I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah).’”
This was BEFORE the age of weaning [Siyar A'laam an-Nubalaa (2/305)
So u should be teaching Tawheed even before the age of TWO .
Some tips on how u can Tawheed to ur toddler age & above:
1. Repeat to them the Kalimah La ilaha il Allah Muhammad ur Rasool Allah right from the day they are born all the time until they can pronounce it (doesnt matter if they dont pronounce it correctly as toddlers have limited speech skills)
2. Teach them Tawheed ar Ruboobiyyah - teach them that Allah is our Creator, the Only One.
Tell them Allah Subhaanahu wa ta'aala created everything.
Ask them :
- Who created you?
- Your mum and dad?
- The animals?
Teach its Allah Subhaanahu wa ta'aala who created everything.
When they look at the Sun or stars tell them its Allah who Created everything. Make them focus on big & small creations.
Even the ant & apple, tell them Allah created it.
This makes them realise that EVERYTHING is created by Allah.
3. Teach them Tawheed al Uloohiyyah - teach kids that we worship only Allah Subhaanahu wa ta'aala we only ask Him for help.
When u pray Salaah & kids imitate to u teach them we are praying only to Allah.
When ur child needs something for example if a toddler is crying for a new toy teach them to make dua & ask Allah Subhaanahu wa ta'aala even for the smallest things.
4. Teach your child Tawakkal to rely upon Allah for everything - when ur chilld is scared or worried them dont tell them “Im here or ur dads here dont worry’ teach them Allah is with u. He is the Best Protector.
He will look after you. This will teach ur child to rely upon Allah rather than you or any other human being.
Even if you die or your sick & your child is lonely, they will learn to rely on Allah and trust Him.
When your child is worried tell them Allah will make things better.
When ur child is sick teach them to turn to Allah to make dua to him & ask Him for shifa.
5. Teach them Tawheed al Asma wa Sifaat- teach ur kids Names & Attributes of Allah Subhaanahu wa ta'aala from an early age.
Ask them where is Allah,tell them Allah is Up- the Most High, above all Heavens. When a child is naughty tell them Allah is Watching them that He sees all.
Always remind that even if ur not there Allah is with them in His Knowledge.
If they throw a tantrum or become angry tell them that Allah Hears them.
If ur child is being impatient tell them Allah loves those who are patient.
When u take ur child to the beach or when they see rainbow tell them Alllah is the Creator, He desgined everything.
Remember the happiest people are the people of Tawheed so if u want ur child to be content & happy both in dunya and akhirah teach them Tawheed right from day one .
You have 2 friends in this life: Allah & those who remind you of Allah.
You have 2 enemies in this life: Shaytaan & those who make you forgetful of Allah.
Be Smart O'Muslim .. Always be with Friends. Not with Enemies
And Allah knows best.
Via 'Ulama Archives on Telegram.