(click for a larger image)
So, because I have nothing better to do on a Saturday and I kind of
felt like making a chart I charted out what I believe is the
Bunny/Rabbit family tree.
If a mother isn’t shown it’s because they are unknown at this time. I mainly used canon evidence and last names to construct this. Let’s trace this from the top:
- Roger Rabbit was supposed to be Bugs Bunny’s son in a later sequel that hasn’t been made.
- Roger says in “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” that Thumper from Bambi is his uncle, making him Bug’s brother.
- He therefore has 4 unnamed sisters that appeared in Bambi
- Thumper has a mate who he has 4 daughters with, shown at the end of Bambi.
- Clyde Bunny was shown in the short “His Hare-Raising Tale” where he’s described as Bug’s nephew, making him Thumper’s son.
- Roger Rabbit marries Jessica Rabbit of course
- Br'er Rabbit I imagined to be Roger and Jessica’s son (somehow) merely because he’s one of the only other disney character’s with the last name Rabbit.
- Because of the Rabbit last name I figured that Swift-Heart Rabbit from Care Bears would be Br’er’s daughter, mother unknown.
- In “Care Bears in Wonderland” the White Rabbit claims that Swift-Heart is his niece making him Br’er’s brother.
Note: Bugs and Thumper’s parents are called Mr and Mrs Hare, however Thumper’s mate is known as Miss Bunny and I imagine Bugs would’ve gotten the name from Lola Bunny who I do believe are sisters if only because of the shared last name and similar color scheme. However I don’t think Lola is Roger’s mother due to the color scheme. Roger of course got the last name Rabbit from Jessica.
Big thanks to @pastarrie for the idea