so I went to the Imagine Dragons concert in Tacoma last night and it was like the best night of my life
seriously, I’m still not recovered, like
- I touched Dan Reynolds???? TWICE???? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN TO ME???
- we were in the second row, RIGHT in front of the stage, less than ten feet away from Ben McKee
- then during Friction I waved at Ben and he grinned at me and waved back???? I’M JUST????
- everyone was so happy and the vibe was contagious and they were all so into it and they looked like they were having the time of their lives and I was too
- Dan talked about Charleston and how he believes in this generation and how music helps bring us together and then he sang Forever Young
- then Dan told stories about the other band members (like apparently when he first met Wayne they were talking about bands they liked and Wayne named some random band that Dan had never heard of and Dan was like OH YEAH I LOVE THEM)
- Dan talked about his ex-girlfriend from Tacoma lol
- oh and Dan talked about his depression and he sang Release and I was crying real tears
- THEN THEY DID ON TOP OF THE WORLD (my fave song btw) RIGHT AFTER AND I WAS CRYING SO HARD AND THAT’S WHEN I TOUCHED HIS HAND
- they did a bunch of older songs like It’s Time and Amsterdam and Demons and On Top of the World and Radioactive!
- during the encore they did The Fall and a bunch of paper leaves started falling from the ceiling and I cried again and it was beautiful
- (I was sad they didn’t do It Comes Back to You but oh well)
- overall it was the best concert I’ve ever been to (I probably say that every time ahaha) and it was 100% worth waiting for 7 hours
I got some videos (before my phone ran out of space) so I might post a couple!