Please don’t fade away.
I’m starting to forget your face
and the melodic sound of your voice.
I close my eyes and I can still see you,
but it’s not the same -
there’s something missing.
You’re fading away and I don’t want you to.
I know that I have to let you go,
that some ties are meant to be broken,
that this city keeps on going,
and that these lives keep on living,
but it doesn’t mean that I have to forget
the memory of you.
Please don’t fade away.
The memory of you keeps me breathing.
Dear old friend,
Correction: You were everything but a friend.
You were more, You are less.
We haven’t spoken in a while.
We left everything and moved on, and I don’t know why.
Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if you were ever in it again.
I don’t particularly miss you, or want you back.
I just wonder.
I sometimes question what things might have been like if I knew why we threw it all away. But just as they say, sometimes things are meant to be let go.
So I understand.
I don’t blame you.
I never did.
But I want to know one thing : Do you wonder about how life would have been if you stayed?
I want to say I regret bagging for you back, but in some weird way i think sinking that low was good for me. I don’t want to be someone’s second choice. I want someone who is sure about me and only me. obviously i wish I hadn’t came off like such a pathetic mess haha buttttt it is what it is right? I think you’ll always have a special place in my heart, but maybe not my life
I cannot be still for long. There is a riot in me all the time. A needy, restless voice in my heart endlessly urging me onward. I ache for new experiences and my hunger for adventure is boundless. My entire life is a perpetual loop of longing for something else.
It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn’t matter what we call it; what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over.
1. Do something you’ve never done
2. Hike to the top of mountain, watch the sunset turn into a bright sky of clear constellations
3. Go to the gym and eat healthy
4. Go on a spontaneous road trip
5. Do a passion that you gave up on
6. Spend time with your family and friends
7. Look at the animals at the pet store
8. Rekindle a friendship you lost
9. Join a sports team
10. Spend a day pampering yourself
11. Remind yourself you’re beautiful and worth it
12. Don’t text them; text someone else when you get the urge
13. Go on platonic dates
14. Read a new book
15. Drink a beer or two but don’t make yourself vulnerable
16. Cry until you fall asleep. It’s okay to.
17. Go back to school
18. Buy a hammock and hang it in your favorite forest/park
19. Know that it’s only making you stronger even when you feel the weakest. You’re still standing
It hurts to let go. Sometimes it seems the harder you try to hold on to something or someone the more it wants to get away. You feel like some kind of criminal for having felt, for having wanted. For having wanted to be wanted. It confuses you, because you think that your feelings were wrong and it makes you feel so small because it’s so hard to keep it inside…