Maybe I'm stupid but of all the things Maleficent could've cursed Aurora with, she puts her to sleep. Just like Stefan drugged her before cutting off her wings. She's forcing Aurora to relive her life. The "wings" she lost were her freedom and life.
Hmm… I always just thought of it as just taking something from Stefan that he loved and cherished the way she did her wings… but that’s a good point.
PLL 6X03: The Movie “Hide and Seek” Parallels to Aria & Byron? The Book Under Aria’s Doll “My Father the Actor”? HUGE Comparisons with PLL Characters & Support for Split Personality, FUN READ! Parallels at the Bottom!
So after watching 6x03, i couldnt help but think of the movie with robert deniro “HIDE AND SEEK” after we found out jason had an “imaginary friend”. So to set the mood, lets look at this photo and read what norman buckley captioned:
this describes aria perfectly, i think she does fight monsters/villians, she gives us a sense that something has happened to her in the past, and in the process, has emerged into what she fears perhaps. Someone pointed out a book that is underneath the doll in arias room, the book is “MY FATHER THE ACTOR” interesting, you’ll see how this relates. Let’s read this short summary about the movie Hide and Seek and you’ll start to see some eerie similarities:
Following his discovery of the body of his wife in a bathtub after her apparent suicide, Dr. David Callaway (Robert De Niro), a psychologist working in New York City, decides to move with his 9-year-old daughter Emily to Upstate New York.
There, Emily makes an apparently imaginary friend she calls “Charlie”.
Her friendship with Charlie begins to disturb David when he discovers
their cat dead in the bathtub, whom Emily claims was a victim of
“Charlie”. Meanwhile, David suffers from nightmares of the New Year’s
Eve party that occurred the night before his wife died.
Emily reveals that she and Charlie have a mutual desire to upset her father. Soon, they meet Laura and Stephen who are their neighbors. David is wary of their unusual interest in
Emily. He later discovers that the reason for this is that the couple
had a daughter who recently died from cancer and looked like Emily.
Later, when David visits Laura, she nervously and ambiguously implies
that her husband has begun abusing her in response to their child’s
death, emotionally and perhaps even physically.
David and emily soon meets a woman named Elizabeth Young and her daughter Amy. David and Elizabeth hit off but emily and amy not so much. After david setup a playdate with emily and amy, emily ends up cutting up the face of amy’s doll. So things start to get weird and hostile with emily ,things start happening while Elizabeth was at their house. When Emily tells her that she is playing hide-and-seek with Charlie,
Elizabeth indulges her by pretending to look for Charlie. When she opens
the closet, someone bursts out and pushes Elizabeth out a second-story
window to her death.
After the police discover her car crashed near David’s house, David asks
Emily what happened. Emily claims Charlie caused her death by pushing
her out the window and forced Emily to help him move the body. Thinking that his neighbor is charlie, david ends up attacking this neighbor with a knife.
NOW HERE’S THE INTERESTING PART!
Back in the house, David finds that, although he has been in his study
many times (listening to his stereo and writing a journal), the boxes
were actually never unpacked after the move. With this, David realizes
that he hassplit personality and that Charlie is not imaginary at all, but that in fact “Charlie” is
David himself. Whenever “Charlie” would emerge, David was in his study.
Charlie was actually in control. David also realizes that under his
Charlie personality, he killed his wife and then made it appear to be a
“Charlie” was created as a way for David’s rage to destroy his wife after catching her having sex with another man,
something that the docile David himself was too decent to do. Emily knew
the entire time about her father’s split personality, but did not tell
him to avoid freaking him out or out of fear that he would revert to
Charlie and hurt her. Katherine arrives and is pushed down the basement stairs by Charlie.
Charlie/David, determined to play a hideous game of hide-and-seek with
Emily once again, starts counting. Emily dashes and hides. She tricks
Charlie and manages to lock herself in her room. As Charlie tries to
break in, she climbs out from the window and runs into the cave where
she originally met Charlie.
Katherine escapes the basement and goes after david/charlie with a gun, finds him and emily in a cave. Charlie tells Katherine that David no longer exists and that from the
minute David discovered the truth about himself, this enabled Charlie
to fully take over. Emily emerges from her hiding place, begging Charlie
to let Katherine go. Her distraction allows Katherine to shoot Charlie,
killing him at last.
Sometime later, Emily is preparing for school in her new life with
Katherine. But Emily’s drawing of herself with Katherine has two heads,
suggesting that due to the trauma of witnessing what happened to her
father, Emily now also suffers from split personality.
QUESTIONS & PARRALLELS (Something to Think About)
1. could aria be David? and the trauma of seeing her dad with meredith triggered her split personality “charles” to emerge?
2.could byron be David? could the trauma of his brother scott’s suicide trigger a split personality to emerge in byron? (in the movie, david believes his wife committed suicide, but that wasnt the case! his wife had cheated on him which triggered his split personality charlie to emerge!) what if scott never committed suicide and byron was the one who killed him for…something he did?
3. we have the parallel with david and emily moving to a new place, and we come to find out they never really unpacked. almost similar to how we are introduced to the montgomery family in the pilot, they move back in , boxes unpacked. hmm
4. david has nightmares of what happened on new years eve. we‘ve also seen aria have nightmares, maybe hallucinations, dreams.
5. david is a pyschologist, we know byron is a professor (nutty professor as he called himself)
6. interesting Charlie/David killed the cat. We know aria has a thing with cats her aunt had a taxidermy cat.
7. laura and stephen the neighbors.laura confessed to david that stephen has been abusing her in response to their daughters death. this almost sounds like Kenneth, he seems to really hate jason, could he be taking his anger out on jason for the “death of charles”?
8. Eilzabeth Young and her daughter Amy, interesting similar to Bethany Young and the fake name “Amy” Aria gave herself when she went to visit maggie.
9. Emily cuts up amy’s doll’s face. so we have a “doll” parallel here, the voodoo doll ali received and this doll aria has that is starting to have some relevance.
10. Charlie/David pushed Elizabeth out of a second-story window. sounds just like what happened to marion cavanaugh? a fragile patient was her roommate. so who is the fragile patient? charles? or someone who has a split personality? aria? spencer?
11. Spencer has mentioned her and melissas fave game was hide n seek. Remember the girls at the merry go round playing hide n seek?
12. David/Charlie used a knife to attack his neighbor. We know A likes knives. this also brings me back to alisons story about being stabbed in the thigh possibly.
13. David/Charlie writes in a journal in his study. we know aria writes, and whats so interesting is that alot clues point to aria having a split personality more than anyone on the show. Apart of being a writer, many use alias names, we know aria has came up with a couple alias names so far. Also, aria was writing about a villian? second personality? has she become this villian?
14. Everytime Charlie emerged, David was always in his study room. is it the same for aria? when shes in her room staring in the mirror, is that when the split happens? going back to the caption norman posted, has aria stared so much in the mirror looking back at herself, that it has created her split? Maybe this will explain why aria is so suspicious because maybe she has realized her second personality. now when could this have happened? when big A took over the game? hmm.
15. Now here where David/Charlie could also be Byron. Emily knew that Charlie was her dad but she was too afraid to say anything. So emily witnessed and helped her own Dad get rid of his wife and elizabeth young. Now, what if aria helped byron get rid of alison that night, what if aria knows about her dads split personality and shes covering for him this whole time? Charlie/David pushed katherine down the basement! aria was put into the basement by meredith.
16. in the end , emily makes a drawing of two heads. she is now suffering due to the trauma with her dad which has now developed a split personality for emily. so, could this ending be the beginning storyline for aria? is Byron giving us all an act hence the book aria has in her room “MY FATHER THE ACTOR”? being somone your not? split? hmm:p
Ok guys those are the parallels i noticed, now whether the writers paid homage to this movie or not, it is not to be taken word for word, just pointing out some interesting parallels that can give us a different perspective of what could be going on and what triggers a split personality. xoxo