Unsettling facts about Jeffrey Dahmer
1. When Jeffrey was a kid, he loved to play with dead animal bones. He’d go out and collect roadkill, then clean and bleach the bones.
2. Dahmer’s issues may have stemmed from an early childhood surgery, as well as the breakup of his parents’ marriage and a move to a new city. Family members say they noticed an abrupt change in his behavior after the hernia surgery at age six.
3. After high school, Dahmer enlisted in the army, but his alcoholism led to his eventual discharge.
4. He stole a mannequin from a store and kept it for sexual uses.
5. He was living with his grandma in Milwaukee while many of his murders and sexual crimes were committed. She wasn’t aware of what her grandson was doing, but his late nights and drinking led her to kick him out.
6. When the police entered Dahmer’s house of horrors, they found three human heads chilling in the freezer next to Hot Pockets and ice cream.
7. The inmate who killed Dahmer, a schizophrenic man named Christopher Scarver, told the “New York Post” that one of his reasons was because Dahmer made mini-sculptures resembling human limbs out of his food in jail.