Batfam music headcanons requested by anon
- Richard “US top 40 singles” Grayson, a real POP music whore. He loves to work out listening to the most recent songs with catchy lyrics and an upbeat track. Dick: “They’re top 40 for a REASON JASON! They’re catchy damn it!!” Jason: “Yeah, you know what else was catchy Dickie-bird? The black plague”. Favourite artists include Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, Jason Derulo, Bruno Mars, DNCE, Ed Sheeran etc Will also enthusiastically tell anybody who will listen that Nicki Minaj’s verse in ‘Monster’ changed the rap game forever.
- Jason has pretty wide taste in music and can’t really be pinpointed towards a specific genre, his general approach is he listens to what he likes. Some of his favourite songs include Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz, Cheap Thrills by Sia, Radioactive by Imagine Dragons, Starman by David Bowie, Highway to Hell by AC/DC, Another One Bites The Dust by Queen, Animals by Maroon 5, Do I Wanna Know? by Arctic Monkeys, Crazy by Gnarls Barkley and Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes.
- Tim falls more into the Indie/electropop/pop rock/emo music genres. Some of his favourite artists are Halsey, Melanie Martinez, Panic! At The Disco, Twenty One Pilots, Miike Snow, Billie Eilish, Owl City, Fall Out Boy, Lorde, Oasis, The Neighbourhood, Bastille, and Radiohead. A few of his most listened to songs are Gasoline + Control by Halsey, Stressed out + Heathens + Car Radio by Twenty One Pilots, Emperor’s New Clothes + Miss Jackson + I Write Sins Not Tragedies + Girls/girls/boys by P!ATD, Read, Aim, Fire + I’m So Sorry + by Imagine Dragons and Unsteady by X Ambassadors.
- Damian is more difficult, as throughout his childhood he was exposed mostly to classical music and is therefore very reluctant to deviate from this, often stating that all other music is inferior and gives him headaches with its pointless lyrics. If the batboys are bored Jason, Tim, and Dick will make Damian listen to the latest POP song just to witness his confusion over such mindless lyrics, most memorable was about what “anacondas” and “buns” have to do with each other.
- Bruce Wayne is a BIG soul and rhythm and blues type of guy, his parents use to dance to At Last by Etta James playing on the record player. His all-time favourite artists are Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Otis Redding, Tracy Chapman, Frank Sinatra, The Jackson 5 and The Temptations. Songs he can listen to for 24 hours straight are If You Don’t Know Me By Now by Harold Melvin and the Blue notes, Feeling Good by Nina Simone, Ain’t no Sunshine by Bill Withers, Fast Car by Tracy Chapman, My Way + New York, New York by Frank Sinatra, I’d Rather Go Blind by Etta James, and Higher and Higher by Jackie Wilson.