The new fans who just go "awww they're such good friends!!" Meanwhile they're making out in their tour bus
oh my god i am so here for this au okay lemme Expand on this
- tristan is still famous but piper holds this as a closely guarded secret from literally everyone, including annabeth and reyna (i’m just rlly feelin this whole Angsty Teen Movie where she’s got Big Dreams that she wants to achieve without daddy’s help al;ksdjf)
- she gets gigs on her own in bars and nightclubs or whatever. her voice is beautiful and her audience is always thrilled with her, but she doesn’t have enough of a unique kinda vibe that could make her famous.
- reyna and hylla used to play on sidewalks for change, they were the Small Town Girls With Big Time Dreams hoping to get a record deal
- hylla eventually becomes responsible and jaded and gets a job and is kind of annoyed when reyna still wants to pursue music.
- they part ways kind of bitterly, but reyna really is serious about music. she’s absolutely lethal with a guitar, and anyone who’s heard her play is surprised she isn’t more successful (she has some kind of unique Sound like idk she’s like eddie van halen and built her own guitar or something)
- piper and reyna book a gig at the same seedy bar one night, purely out of coincidence.
- they will joke a lot later about how the first time reyna saw piper, she was literally standing in a spotlight and angels were singing (even if the angel was piper herself)
- reyna’s like, TOTALLY smitten the instant she sees piper and knows immediately that she wants to break her out of this dingy bar and tour the country together making music forever.
- so that’s what they do!!
- reyna finds her after she gets off stage and gushes about how talented she is, and of course piper is hugely flattered. (can you honestly fucking imagine reyna saying to piper “what’s a girl like you doing in a place like this?” im gonna LOSE it l;kdjkl;fj. she doesn’t actually say that though but like. ima G IN E)
- somehow they end up on stage together? the audience is probably cheering for an encore for piper and piper is sort of embarrassed because reyna is supposed to go but reyna’s like nah, stay up with me
- ANYWAY reyna starts wailing out “i love rock ‘n’ roll” and they belt it out together like they’ve practiced it for years and they have this instant musical connection and like??? keep making dramatic eye contact at each other while they’re singing at their respective microphones….
- they finish and the crowd is like going WILD for them (they hadn’t noticed while they were playing bc they were so wrapped up in each other honestly wtf)
- THIS IS THE SONG THEY DO NEXT oh my god imagine imagine piper doing this on stage with reyna..i’d die
- they do the most badass cover of i kissed a girl ever and piper changes the lyrics????? to make it explicit that she kisses girls and doesn’t have a boyfriend?? and reyna KNOWS it’s intentional bc like she literally changed the lyrics and keeps making bedroom eyes at her like honestly…..damn piper y u so smooth
- i was gonna make it a slow burn but honestly like they hook up that very night lmao
- the video of i kissed a girl goes viral and that is how they get that Lesbian Attention bc like honestly it’s rlly cute and u can actually see the moment piper stops just singing the song and starts flirting, it’s like halfway through the second verse she’s like “no i don’t even know your name…” and then she kind’ve giggles into the microphone and says “but it really matters” and turns around to look back at reyna who is staring at her with REALLY HUGE EYES…omg
- anyway that video rlly helps them bc after that they start a youtube channel and they do a bunch of badass covers and become pretty successful, and eventually they get a record deal
- piper writes the lyrics to their songs and reyna writes the music. piper of course sings lead vocals but reyna can do backup, and they harmonize really nicely.
- they’re successful in their like little Niche of fans, but they don’t Make It Big. they’re disappointed and frustrated that things seemed to have stalled….which brings us to annabeth
- um honestly the only way i can see annabeth bein into music is if her parents were? so that’s how they met. her mom was some young starlet who wanted to be a singer, swept her dad off her feet, had a baby, and then fucked off to get a record deal with little heed for her kid. annabeth gets it in her head at a young age that she can get her mom’s attention if she becomes even better than her.
- annabeth doesn’t do anything half way so she plays like 8 instruments and she’s fucking good at all of them. annabeth’s mom is a deadbeat though and once annabeth figures out she’ll never be good enough, she decides to get so much more famous than her mom’s failed pop star career out of pure spite.
- n like, it works. she has a successful solo career. she’s a very talented musician and a good singer. she’s right on the edge of being an A-lister, but she’s not quite there yet.
- only problem: she’s unhappy because fame can’t buy happiness (this is actually a study in how many cliches can i cram into this)
- she’s also missing like, the soul of her music? her fans are starting to complain that she’s a sell out and the grit and rawness that used to make her music so great is now just commercialized and mainstream (it wouldn’t bother her except that they’re right; she barely writes her own stuff anymore)
- she’s honestly like trying to work through her issues with her mom i bet and like it just makes her whole career feel jaded, and she’s miserable.
- i do not know how she discovers piper and reyna’s music but when she does she instantly loses her mind because they are incredible
- she’s stunned that she hasn’t heard of them before, and even more stunned that they aren’t more popular
- she immediately demands that they be her opening act for her next tour
- piper and reyna are OF COURSE like absolutely thrilled to get the news (imagine them hanging up the phone and then looking at each other all excited and then screaming and jumping up and down together ?????!)
- the tour is, of course, filled with sexual tension and lesbian antics and progressively less annabeth playing alone and more piper and reyna and annabeth playing together
- and at some point they decide all three of them to form a band ?
- annabeth’s record label is like “um that’s like…the opposite of what you’re supposed to do…u ditch the band and go solo once you make it big not MAKE a band when you’re already famous??”
- but reyna and piper make annabeth more excited about music than she’s been in a long, LONG time and also they’re REALLY good together so of course they go for it
- and the three of them together are like, the final combo that they need to make them BIG. they become a sensation. they smash all kinds of records and become the most successful all girl band of all time aaay
- they’re famous for writing such raw and honest songs about themselves and their life, piper is also like literally lyrical genius
also they do a collab at some point with lacy sadie and hazel’s band ;)