can you please give some tips on time management? how can i manage my time effectively (im in university by the way) because i find myself wasting a lot of time and my perception/visualization of the time i have is messed up :/ thank you in advance.
might i suggest investing in a planner? i find the ones with blank pages where you can customize the dates to your preference much more effective than the pre-designed ones. a couple more in-depth tips:
- make a laundry list of every single thing you have to do/want to accomplish.
- color coordinate by task, assignment, due date, level of difficulty, etc. whichever you find will work most effectively for you.
- prioritize work you do NOT want to do or find will take the longest so you can get those out of the way.
- break up tasks you find challenging to complete in a single session by giving yourself mini-breaks in-between or allotting more time in advance so you’re not scrambling to meet the deadline.
- block out a “work time” for x amount of hours and stick to that schedule every day; that way you can’t make the excuse of “oops, i forgot” or accidentally make plans and lose a day’s worth of work.
- multitask whenever you can (i.e. jot down reminders, notes, or ideas on your phone while grocery shopping; keep a notebook and pen next to your pillow just in case you happen to wake up in the middle of the night with an ingenious thought, review lectures in your head while cooking, etc.)
- have buddies (the more the better) who are extremely efficient and studious check up on your progress; or if you’d rather be discreet, ask them how they’re doing with their assignments and adjust your pace to match or even exceed theirs.
- start early, whether it’s studying for an exam or writing a paper, just start early. it’s better to be over-prepared and go above and beyond than submitting subpar work. always.