What's JJ's relationship with Reid and why is it so important to you? I'm genuinely curious
OMGOMG THANK U FOR ASKING THIS !!
— ☆ // well , i’ve been watching criminal minds for about ten years now ( pretty much since it came out ) and i always found certain affinity for jj & spencer’s friendship. a few things support my theory that they have more of a platonic relationship *regardless of jj being married or not bye*
- of course you have 1x04 “plain sight” & the date they went to , and i must say i always loved the innocence of it all. it was’t forced or awkward , and how they remained very good friends after it.
- they understand each other so perfectly , which i think it has a lot to do with how close they are in age.
- the fact that jj made spencer her two son’s godfather is also pretty darn telling.
- spencer knows things about jj that nobody else knows ( her whole abduction & the baby issue. ) and i’m pretty sure also works the other way around. this is a perfect way of strengthening their trust.
- also , let’s talk about how jj’s the one checking up on spencer’s mother everyday and going to his apartment with the boys (✿◠‿◠)
- and honestly so many other things ?? they know when something’s up even when they attempt to compartmentalize. it’s not profiling for them , it’s just knowing a friend.
whether you ship it romantically ot not , you can’t deny it’s one of the purest , most honest , caring & loving friendships in the history of television. i understand why the writers decided to not go further with them romantically & i respect their decision a hundred percent , but c’mon … they’re adorable look :