I´m almost 2 days late, but finally i´m done!! This is my piece for @vldexchange that i did for @bleventeen <3 I´m sorry i made you wait so long, but i got carried away with the road trip theme lol I hope you like it ~ I had lots of fun doing it :3
“I’m a connoisseur of roads. I’ve been tasting roads my whole life. This road will never end. It probably goes all around the world.” ~Mike Waters (as portrayed by River Phoenix in
Gus Van Sant’s,
My Own Private Idaho)
Wishing a very dear friend of mine, DJ @deejayphoto, a very Happy Birthday!! Yes, you are crazy 😂, but I am blessed to have someone with such a kind heart and a beautiful soul in my life. 😙 Enjoy all that good food I know your mom will spoil you with! 😄 Sending wishes for many more road trips and adventures, but most of all, sending you lots of love, joy and hope, today and always. *BIG HUGS* ~Angie 💛💙
in a span of just a few hours, Adele canceled her concert on us, my phone dropped and cracked, and we drove a total of over 500 miles in 3 days. all in all these first world problems don’t matter because nature wins. and as the nature of things go, life is going to be ok. Follow snapchat and Instagram for more of our road trip and life endeavors - @mattbruening
A few days ago, my mom was talking about how surprising it was that a lot of teenagers were getting into musicals. I’m just like, they’re relatable and have good music, what’s not to like? Not to mention, how much fun is it trying to sing every part at once? Like, so many characters with so many different voices all at once. I have a lot of strong feelings about music and musicals just supply me with already developed characters to put into the music.
1. Take it a day at a time. You don’t have to know what you’re doing the next day or even the next hour. I’ve learned that the more you think in the future, the shorter the day seems and the months fly past you and you’re left feeling discontent and unsatisfied. It’s almost like everything has been in a blur, and you find yourself saying, “the year went by so fast”, even though you haven’t accomplished much. So do everything in the moment of ‘now’, and cherish each minute like it’s the last minute you have.
2. Let it go. You know nothing is going to change, because you can’t change people unless they truly want to and you can’t change the past either, and the sooner you realize this, you will spend more time being happy than in a constant battle with your mind and your heart. They need to rest too.
3. Take risks. If you never take any, the moment that turned out for the worst could have turned out for the best. This works vice-versa as well, but either way, you will learn from these experiences. You won’t forget how rapidly your heart was beating in these moments and how electric you felt. It will be worth it in the end, trust me.
4. Call up that person that you didn’t spend enough time getting to know, simply because you were too distracted with somebody else or just didn’t feel like you’d become something more than acquaintances. Greet strangers and embrace the idea of diversity. Ask questions about different cultures, morals, ideas, beliefs; educate yourself as much as you can.
5. Go ahead and wear that outfit you keep telling yourself that it doesn’t look good on you. You bought it because you liked it, yes? So, show it to the whole damn world. If you do it with a smile and confidently squared shoulders—even better. You are beautiful.
6. Instead of procrastinating and wallowing in self-pity, get up and do something. Sitting around is not going to do much but make you feel horrible, and you’ll create scenarios that may not even exist or be as big in your head that will cause matters to become worse. You want this to be your year of explosive progress? Set goals and strive to achieve them. You want to look back at the end of the year and say, “I did good”.
7. Spend more time with your family or friends. Build a support system so strong, that you will never feel lonely. In fact, this support system will lead you to feeling content even when you are alone, because you won’t feel the constant need to either be with someone or have somebody who loves you, because you know you’ll have people who love you and the more love you surround yourself with, the easier it becomes to love yourself too.
8. Be kind always and be angry when you need to be. Stand up for the ideas that you believe in and don’t back down from them just because you have a different opinion. Learn to love the sound of your voice when it bounces off the walls of a classroom full of people, because your voice has the power to change a million minds. Remember, you are allowed to feel whatever it is you feel.
9. Go on more road trips or just take a few minutes to be outside by yourself. Inhale and exhale the air around you. Watch the stars, the sunset, the sunrise, the birds flying in the sky, the cars passing by. Walk in the rain sometimes without an umbrella, instead of running. Let the sunlight soak your skin more often. God, isn’t the world itself beautiful?
10. Be faithful. This is the year you hoped to be better. Don’t let anything stop you from achieving that, because you are limitless as long as you believe yourself to be.