Went to the beach on Sunday and apparently it’s a designated side of the beach specifically for queer folks so we went and there were folks with their tops off just enjoying the sun and waves. Everyone just looked so in their element and unbothered by outside forces. Made me realize whatever I have going on, I gotta hang on bc there are more beautiful days that I have yet to expereince.
it’s also okay to be totally terrified at the thought of having sex with a girl- internalized homophobia affects all of us to a certain extent
it’s okay to want to make out with a girl for hours on end (seriously, it’s totally an okay thing to think about)
it’s okay to fantasize about girls, even in a sexual way. you are not dirty for doing this.
you can absolutely wear clothes that are stereotypically lesbian, such as flannels. in the same note, you can totally cut your hair short if you want. you aren’t perpetuating a stereotype, you’re embracing who you are
you can also completely stay away from any clothing that would signify you might be a wlw (especially if you’re in a situation where the suspicion that you’re a wlw could cause you harm)- it’s completely your choice, just don’t shame anybody that does decide to take on that style.
it’s okay to not immediately date a girl once you come out. take some time to figure out your feelings, it’s okay. you’ll find somebody that you want to date in your own time, or you can just decide you don’t want to ever date anybody. that’s also perfectly okay.
it’s okay to dream about a future with a wife
it’s okay to hold your girlfriend’s hand in public and be affectionate in public. it’s not gross or icky, it’s good and cute, i promise.
it’s okay to come out to everybody you speak to (there’s nothing wrong with you, and if people judge you, they’re the ones who are wrong), but it’s also valid to only come out to a small select group of people. both approaches are fine.
it’s okay to masturbate while thinking about girls. it’s okay, you’re not weird for doing this. it’s a common thing.
it’s okay to watch movies or tv shows with wlw, even the ones that are cliche and really cheesy. if they make you feel validated and happy, continue doing so.
“Try it again,“ I said. "Kiss me.”
“No,” he said.
“No,” And then he smiled. “You kiss me.” I placed my hand on the back of his neck. I pulled him toward me. And kissed him. I kissed him. And I kissed him. And I kissed him. And I kissed him. And he kept kissing me back.”
― Benjamin Alire Sáenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
Hey, happy belated valentine’s day. have some asadais i was quite busy to post this on time and to aswer to requests but i managed some time (being me not having internet for a day) to finish this. I´m not good at drawing comics but better try and fail than do nothing.
I can’t sleep rn so let’s talk about all the levels on which Welcome to the Madness is great
- The whole skating routine is so punk rock, so fresh and unconventional, and so Yuri. He’s really expressing himself, no holds barred, and it’s gorgeous and mesmerizing.
- But when you figure all of that, and then add in that he’s skating to Otabek’s music – like Beka is his inspiration, someone who synergizes with him creatively, and the whole routine, from the outfits to the choreography, is their joint creation – I’m just like *clutches chest* *wheezes profusely*
- There’s so many more dynamics to Yuri and Otabek’s relationship and interactions now than were in the show. I don’t have enough capacity for coherent thought right now to break them down, and that should probably wait for a full scan to come out. But how wonderfully they work together, and complement each other, and play off each other after like a WEEK of friendship is the stuff that shipper dreams are made of.
- But for one thing, they are both so cool and nonchalant about that whole sexy af performance, that they have to be incredibly comfortable with each other to pull it off with such ease.
- Everyone who thought Otabek was nothing but a quiet shy guy is IN FOR SOME SURPRISES WHOO BOY. I love him to bits either way – as the cool bad boy on a bike, or as the super-cool club DJ, or as the super-super-cool-super-extra-finger-lickin-good boy. But now he has quite a bit of depth, and every new detail we learn just makes us love him more 👍
- It’s not that often that I’ve been part of a fandom that has allowed me to see my favorite ship become canon right before my eyes. This journey over the past several months has been so beyond awesome, and for all its flaws the YOI fandom is really nothing short of amazing. I am quite certain that we made this happen by showing our support and love for Otayuri ever since that fateful day of Episode 10.
- Finally, now all the haters/anti-shippers can literally go suck it (and by “it” I mean Yuri’s index finger) ☝️☝️☝️👅👅👅