Real name: Kim Namjoon (Hangul: 김남준)
Birthday: September 12, 1994
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Birthplace: Ilsan, Gyeonggi-d
Height: 181 cm (5’11”)
Weight: 67 kg (147 lbs)
Blood Type: A
– He was born in Ilsan, Gyeonggi-d, South Korea
– His family consists of: Dad, mom, younger sister
– Education: Apgujeong High School
– Pre-debut he had already been performing as an underground rapper, with several tracks released informally, including a collaboration with Zico (Block B).
– He’s really smart with an IQ of 148. He was previously ranked in the top 1% of the nation in his high school exams.
– Rap Monster studied in New Zealand before.
– He speaks English fluently.
– Rap Monster’s TOEIC (The Test of English for International Communication) score was 900.
– At the age of 15, Namjoon had a heart surgery with a 30% chance of living.
– Hobbies: Surfing the web
– He’s a great supporter of Gay/Lesbian’s rights.
– He has a younger sister the same age as Jungkook but when asked if he would introduce her to him, he said N.O.
– His image before debut was a neat and quiet student.
– He started to write lyrics since he was in school, on his textbook.
– Rap Monster has composed/produced 100+ songs.
– Rap Monster’s nicknames are “Rap Mon” (shortened), “Leader Mon” (because he is the leader) and “God of Destruction” or “the destroyer” (he destroys everything he touches: sunglasses, clothes, doorknobs, bunk bed ladders. Hence, his members gave him this nickname).
– Clothes matter to him
– His favorite foods are meat and Kalguksu (Korean knife noodles).
– BTS has been around since 2010, but they debuted in 2013 because of the constant member change up. Rap Monster is the only member left from the original line up.
- He is the leader of BTS
– Despite his rough and tough image, he is very playful and relaxed.
– His favorite color is black.
– His favorite number is 1.
– His favorite items are clothes, computer, books.
– He likes clear weather.
– If he was a girl, he said he would date J-Hope because he is like the mother at the dorm.
– Rap Mon’s role model is Kanye West and A$AP Rocky.
– Rap Monster wrote the lyrics of ‘No More Dream’ because he had no dreams when he was in school.
– He, along with Jung Hunchul (ex member of Bangtan) wrote a Brave Brother/YG diss track called ‘Hook’.
– If he was a girl, he said he would date J-Hope, since he’s like a mother in the dorm.
– He wants to be a rich Rapper in 10 years.
– He has a dog, whose name is RAP MON.
– He would like to make a sub-unit with Jungkook.
– He was the first member to join BTS.
– He likes to imitate his members.
– Rap Mon said that he and GOT7 Jackson are good friends. He said Jackson is very handsome and really good at dancing.
– Rap Monster’s ideal date: “It’s like the ordinary college student date. We can see a movie together, eating together, walking together. I want to have love like that. It’s because i can’t at all. (Laugh)”
– Some of his popular quotes are: “Jimin, you got no jams” and “Team work makes the dream work”.
It’s been a while since we checked in on how the Renaissance is doing with its ocean mysteries, so here is a marine biology update circa 1550.
Seals come in two forms:
Walruses are horrifying
But whales are worse
Fish can have human faces
but not always where you’d expect
As for the rest
… it’s probably better left alone.
[All images except chest face fish from Historiae animalium liber IV : De piscium & aquatilium animantium natura. Chest face fish from The noble lyfe & natures of man of bestes, serpentys, fowles & fisshes yt be moste knowen]