So a bunch of swastikas have started appearing in the locker room at my school - any ideas on good ways to combat this and help foster the kind of culture that won't let this kind of thing happen again?
We’ve got some ideas for you!
1) Talk to your friends who are probably also noticing this/pissed off about it and get a crew together.
2) Take that nazi shite out! Go over it with something. Especially something explicitly anti-racist. Like, oh we don’t know - these antifascist/antiracist stickers!
3) Alternatively, take your crew o’ concerned fellow students and go to the school administration and let them know this isn’t acceptable and you expect them to take action. Give them a reasonable deadline to do so. Think about what you’ll do if they don’t take action.
4) Keep track and when and where these are popping up. You’ll likely be able to figure out exactly when your school’s closet-nazi does their dirty work, which means you’ll be able to plan to confront them.
5) Figure out things you can do to foster an explicitly anti-racist culture in your school. We know people that have started anti-racist school clubs or put on shows or parties that were explicitly anti-racist or raise money for anti-racist causes. Tons of stuff you could do if you & your friends think creatively about this.