six random facts about me
I was tagged by @zaftigwriter. She was in town for a couple days working/visiting and she’s on a plane back east at the moment.
1. I am having a root canal tomorrow. The folklore I hear is that they’re quite painful, but it doesn’t involve sedation or pain meds, so I hope the anecdotal reports are exaggerated.
2. I wear a big vintage (late 1970s/early 1980s) Rolex watch. It’s a dive watch and it was my dad’s. My brother and I used to love to see the glow-in-the-dark number dots and hands in the dark at bedtime.
3. I had a super SUPER fun time having dinner with @zaftigwriter and our friend Julie last night. We were laughing loudly and wildly. I felt moments of pure joy with my dearest friends.
4. I’ve realized in the past year and a half that I have always kept men at arm’s length in relationships. I’ve not been emotionally intimate in the context of a romantic partnership.
5. I am wearing the same clothes I put on Tuesday. They weren’t gross or stinky, so why not get the most out of an outfit and decrease my laundry needs? But day three is my limit, they will join the dirty clothes tonight.
6. I’m not pleased with the facts I selected for this post. I want to start over with cooler facts about me. I have a deep seated fear of not being cool. These days I’m old enough not to act on this fear, and I strive for authenticity rather than coolness. In pursuit of said authenticity, I won’t revise my six facts because duh.
Now I don’t know who to tag to do the six facts about him/herself! Heather already tagged a bunch of folks I know, and I’m just recently back to tumblr. I’ll try. @bekaboo @beegoould @hthrloo @ryanjjohn @eternaltoska @cherokeepurple @casaofjules2 @bestillmybeefyheart @sugarforsalt@everydayjewels @internalrenovations