"Mom, one: why are you at my house, and two: what is in the box?" "It's for your babies!"
took a step back in the doorway and narrowed his eyes at her, “…is it Gwyneth
it Maggie’s?” He asked and Freddie sent him a look. “Maggie! Where are you?”
getting off the couch,” came from the living room. “Go get me a drink.”
rolled his eyes and told Freddie to follow him. After he poured Maggie a drink
of green juice, he turned to her, “What is it?”
Mom, never would have guessed that.”
don’t need your sarcasm, Alf, just need you to open this box.”
takes it from her and unties to bow on top of the box before pulling the lid
off. He looked inside and then looked up to at her and narrowed his eyes again,
“What is it?”
know that,” He rolled his eyes as he picked out the little blue and pink
outfits. “But why?”
were what we brought you and Winnie home in,” She told him with a smile. “We
thought we’d be able to give them to Winnie since you wanted to marry your homework,
but life is funny that way. Right?”
– you want me to bring my babies home in the same outfit I came home in?”
do,” She answered. “It’s yours and Maggie’s choice, of course, but those two
little outfits are special to me and your father. I want them to be special for
– thank you, Mom,” He smiled, hugging her and she hugged back.
proud of you, Alf,” She whispered. “I’m proud of everything you’ve become and
of how great of a parent you’ll be.”
“B-Before this ends in a crying fest,” He said giving her one last hug. “I’m going to bring Maggie her drink and show her the outfits but - but really, Mom, thank you.”
The Selk’bag 4G Lite is rated to 45 degrees Fahrenheit and it will certainly keep you warm enough outdoors in spring, summer and fall, so you will definitely enjoy your new piece of equipment on your open-air adventures, especially if you are not a big fan of the regular mummy or rectangular sleeping bags.
I am talking moms with newborns not just first time moms.
These are my own opinion from round 2 of newborn-hood.
5) Diapers!!!! Those things are expensive. With Jackson we got like $500 in gift cards (thank you everyone!!!) and didn’t pay out of pocket for diapers until he was like 9 months old or something. This time we are paying for two sets of diapers at once. No Bueno.
4) Groceries / food / meals. Even if she says no, stock her freezer with a lasagna. She will need it even if she thinks she has time to cook (she doesn’t).
3) Coffee. Nothing beats hot coffee any time of day when you are in the newborn, no sleep trenches.
2) BABYSIT. Offer to watch the kids for 30 minutes while she naps, gets her own coffee, sits in silence, gets her nails done, showers, aimlessly walks around trader joes. WHATEVER.
1) A CLEANING LADY FOR A DAY!!!!!! This has been my number one favorite gift. My mom got her cleaning lady to come twice as a gift for me when Taylor was born. She came once at two weeks old and once yesterday at almost 7 weeks. I don’t have time for much of anything outside of caring for two small kids (as it should be) so the one thing that ALWAYS gets pushed aside is cleaning. And with a two year old the crumbs and spills add up so fast. I am so grateful when I walk in to a sparkling house.
Disclaimer: I am grateful for all the gifts I receive!!! These have just been quite amazing.