I was tagged by @beks21 to name ten women from series I like and honestly, I could have just listed ten hp characters (JK writes those strong women damnnnn) but I tried to branch out a little bit! Sorry the explanations are nowhere near as articulate as yours are Beks!
1. The ultimate bamf and my idol in life tbh MinnieMcG (Harry Potter, JK Rowling)becauseshe is selfless and strong and a bloody good teacher.
2. Throughout my time at school, I was compared to Hermione Granger (Harry Potter, JK Rowling) but I’m nowhere near as ruthlessly strong as she is. She would literally do anything for the people/things she cares about and she does it with grace and poise.
3. A list titled ‘females are strong as hell’ just has to include Ginny Weasley (Harry Potter, JK Rowling) because girl is the definition of strong as hell. She not only doesn’t let anyone walk over her, she stands up for others to make sure they’re not being walked over either. She is also career mum goals tbh.
4. Still haven’t moved on from hp but have to mention Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter, JK Rowling) because she is the perfect example of how much strength it can sometimes take just to be yourself and not let others get to you. I feel like Luna doesn’t even realise how strong she even is, but we all remember high school and if everyone had laughed at my radish earrings I know I would never have worn them again.
5. The often undervalued strength of a mother who loves so fiercely and generously is personified in Molly Weasley (Harry Potter, JK Rowling) who never even questioned Harry’s place in her family right from the beginning.
6. When I first became a teacher, I wanted to be like Miss Honey (Matilda, Roald Dahl) because she is, again, so selflessly strong and did everything she could for the children in her care. (Her secretly having a happy, colourful classroom in that horrible school is iconic to me).
7. Another teacher in this list oops, but Jess Day (New Girl) shows so much strength in so many ways.
8. Another character who shows so much strength and will always stand up for her friends and stand by her decisions is Phoebe Buffay (Friends)
9. Maybe a strange one, but Kathy (Never Let Me Go, Kazuo Ishiguro) who shows such strength in the most terrible of circumstances and loves her friends so much.
10. Final shoutout goes to Bridget Jones (Bridget Jones’ Diary, Helen Fielding) because she makes me laugh and she never gives up.