Kid-Apoo-Hawkins Alliance. Headcanons Part 5: The Alliance
- Ever since he arrived at Kid’s base and
accepted to form an alliance with him and Apoo, Hawkins has been leaving little
scent jars full of essential oils literally everywhere and is following the
same process he uses on his ship: to try and create the right atmosphere via
- Kid doesn’t like “his den smelling like a brothel” one bit, according to his own words.
- Seeing as the relaxing scents he’d been using - mainly to mollify Kid’s volatile temper and his obvious rivalry with Apoo - didn’t seem to be working, Hawkins increased the concentration of the mix after consulting Killer about it, who is secretly grateful for the initiative.
- Apoo was incredibly happy upon discovering he wasn’t the only music fan of the group. Killer plays the drums every chance he gets, the double-jointed man once caught Hawkins playing an old harpsichord and as much as it pains Apoo to admit they have something in common, Kid spends plenty of his time blasting music.
- When Apoo, in his elation for having found a common ground with the other three, tried to give them all a group hug, things didn’t end well. Hawkins got so tense, that combined with his usual expressionless face, he looked like an opossum when it’s playing dead and Killer had to place himself in the middle and make a gigantic effort to prevent Kid from successfully strangling poor Apoo.
- Hawkins has been about to drop the alliance more than once, fed up with Kid and Apoo’s childish behaviour. So far, Killer has always managed to convince him to stay.
- Betting on who will manage to make Hawkins laugh is one of the rare occasions when Kid and Apoo are not trying to kill each other. So far, none of them have achieved anything.
- Once Apoo tried to tickle Hawkins in an attempt to win the bet. The calm and stoic Hawkins nearly killed him. It’s the only time he has ever used his Devil Fruit powers against any of his allies.
- Killer is the one who ensures peace within the group and tries to solve any quarrel through dialogue.
- Hawkins is the only one who actually has any table-manners.
- When Apoo is bored and there’s nothing else to do around the base, he follows Kid at a safe distance and makes weird/dumb sounds to simulate every step he takes, the way he chews, etc. just to annoy him.
- Once he’s done bothering Kid (meaning when he’s been about to die at Kid’s hands thrice in about two minutes), he goes off to see what Hawkins is up to, who in turn spends most of his time looking into his cards in silence. He tries to strike up a conversation with him, but always ends up monologuing; from time to time he’ll receive a monosyllabic response or a distracted “mhm”, however Hawkins is not much of a talker. If he’s desperate enough to get some kind of distraction, Apoo will ask for a card reading.
- Every week they all gather for a game of poker. Hawkins and Killer bleed the rest dry, Kid gets his dander up and destroys something while Apoo teases him and laughs his head off as he enjoys the show that is to witness one of Kid’s infamous tantrums.
- If they were a family Killer would most
definitely be the mother who tries to keep everything in order; Hawkins would
either be the indifferent father or the eldest “I’m too mature for this crap” son;
Apoo is certainly the prankster middle child who always picks on the runt who
is undoubtedly, Kid.
| Thanks for taking the time to read this |
| CPFiles |