ModPodge Comic your shoes tutorial
Made by, ShopFantasy www.etsy.com/shop/ShopFantasy
Mod podge ROCKS!
You can apply any picture you’d like to make pretty much any theme. Some people even mod podge fabric on their shoes.
- comics/printed photos/anything paper or fabric.
- xacto blade
- brushes - make sure they aren't anything fancy if the mod podge dries on the brush they will be pretty hard to clean. I use .99 brushes.
- Mod podge
- For this tutorial pick up an old pair of shoes.
It’s easier to mod podge on hard surfaces.
Some people prefer high heels, or flats.. rubber type material.
- Gather supplies, and Find a clean, and well ventilated area to work in. If the mod podge spills on carpet, or clothes it is very difficult to remove.
- Get your pictures. They can be comics, or printed. Treat printed pictures with fixative, or ink will bleed. Cut them with xacto blade, or scissors.
- Mod podge your shoe with a thin coat, and the paper your using, then apply to shoe. Work fast it dries pretty quickly, when done paint several coats over your shoes for a neat finish.
Tips- Mod Podge dries clear so don’t worry when you are painting.
Paint at least 2-4 coats for wear. wait for mod podge to dry between coats about 15-30 minutes, or however long it takes for each coat to dry. Let shoes sit about 1-2 days to dry completely before wearing.
Check out my shoes here!
Completed pix here http://shopfantasy.tumblr.com/post/91494209986/felt-like-my-shoes-needed-some-pixie-dust