Easy Summer Drink
I’m sure this has been submitted before, but it’s been a huge help for me in a LOT of ways.
It’s a one step drink with a LOT of variation options. I make it most when I’m not feeling well enough to eat because I’ve been unable to make food because it gives me sugar and settles my stomach so I can make food, but it also makes for a fancy drink for entertaining or just to cool off in the heat.
What you’ll need:
- A container for liquid
- Frozen fruit (berries are best, because they soften the most in the freezeing and thawing process)
- Liquid (Clear sodas like sprite or ginger ale, lemonade, water, iced tea… Anything that can take an added flavor and taste good with your fruit)
- Optional: Vodka (If you want to spike it, spike it baby), a spoon/straw/anything to give it a quick stir
How you’ll do it:
- Put the stuff into the container, mix slightly if desired
Here are some combos to give you some ideas, because decision fatigue and brain fog are totally a thing.
- Lemon-Lime soda + Strawberries
- Lemon-Lime soda + blueberries
- Lemon-Lime soda + cherries
- Lemon-Lime soda + mango
- Lemon-Lime soda + mixed berries
- Lemon-Lime soda + mixed fruit
- Ginger ale + Strawberries
- Ginger ale + Blueberries
- Ginger ale + cherries
- Ginger ale + mango
- Ginger ale + mixed berries
- Ginger ale + mixed fruit
- Water + Strawberries
- Water + Blueberries
- Water + cherries
- Water + mango
- Water + mixed berries
- Water + mixed fruit
- Lemonade + Strawberries
- Lemonade + Blueberries
- Lemonade + cherries
- Lemonade + mango
- Lemonade + mixed berries
- Lemonade + mixed fruit
My FAVORITES are Cherries + clear soda or Blueberries + clear soda.
The fruit both chills and flavors the drink, so it’s great.
Berries will give more flavor, cubes of fruit will give less flavor.